Best Answer

It is meant some of the elements in the Periodic Table put into a group!

The vertical columns in the periodic table are called groups

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2014-02-01 04:50:10
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

What untraditional civilian jobs were women in Australia encouraged to do during World War 2

The first periodic table of elements Mendeleev created contained only 45 elements

Elements like barium located toward the bottom of a group have a lower attraction for their valence electrons because they have a

Noble gases share which characteristics

See all cards
3 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What is meant by a group of elements?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What do you meant by family of elements?

"Family of elements" is the synonym of group (column) in the periodic table of Mendeleev.

Which group of elements group 1A elements most likely to bond with?

If you meant to say "elements ARE most likely to bond with," which is probably what you meant, then the answer would be 7A(or 17), also called the Halogens. "Halogen" actually means "salt-forming." When you take a chlorine (7A) and sodium (1A), you end up with table salt! ---- In a nutshell, the answer is Group 7A, or 17.

Which are more reactive Group 1 elements or Group 7 elements?

The elements of the group I are more reactive than the elements of the group VII.

Which group of elements are most likely to bond with group 1 elements?

Group 17 elements, the halogens.

Why IIA group elements are harder than IA group elements?

1.Generally IIA group elements are soft but when compared to IA group elements these are hardthan the IA group elements . 2In IIA group elements metalic bonding is strong compared to IA elements and 2 valence electrons are present in IIA group elements . 3.Because of the difference in the metalic bonding IIA group elements are harder than the IA group elements.

What are ways group 2A elements differ from group 1A elements?

Group 2A elements form compounds that are less soluble in water. Group 2A elements are harder. Group 2A elements have an additional valence electron. Group 2A elements are less reactive.

What is special about elements that are in the same group?

elements are in the same group since they react similarly to other elements in that group.

What is special about the elements in the same group?

elements are in the same group since they react similarly to other elements in that group.

How many valence electrons do the elements in group 18 have?

There is no such thing as group 18. In the periodic table, there are only groups 1-8. If that was a typo and you meant group 8, there are 8 valence electrons.

What elements have more predictable properties main group elements or transition elements?

main group elements

Why do the elements of group 8 usually not form ions?

Elements in group 8 (Fe, Ru, Os) do readily form ions. If you meant group 18, the noble gases, they usually do not form ions because they all have their valence shell filled with eight electrons.

What Elements on the left side of the table are classified as what type of elements?

Group 1 Elements (elements in the first group [column]) are classed as Alkali Metals. Group 2 Elements (elements in the second group [column]) are classed as Alkaline Earth Metals. All elements not in a representative group are classed as Transition Metals. Group 3 Elements (elements in the third full group [coulumn]) are classed as Earth Metals

What are elements of group 1 called?

Elements in group 1 are called Alkali Metals, after that group 2 elements are called Alkali Earth Metals, group 3-12 elements are called Transition Elements.

What is meant by halogen atom?

Halogen means "salt former". It's the name for the elements in the same group as fluorine in the periodic table.

Which group of elements is the mostactive?

The ist group elements Alkali metals are most active elements.

What group of elements is the most unreactive why?

'Nobel gas' group elements

What are the Group 1A and Group 7A elements examples of?

representative elements

Group one is the what elements?

Group one elements are the alkali metals.

Which group of the main group elements contains the largest elements?


How many elements are in one group?

There are seven elements in one group.

What are the Group 1A and Group 7A elements example of?

representative elements

What are a group of elements?

A group of elements is placed in a column of the periodic table.

What are the elements in the A-groups called?

I don't know what group A is , but if group 1 of the periodic table is meant then this is called alkali metals (NOT: ailkline metals, wrong expression, wrongly spelled)

What elements are found in group 2 what kind of elements are they?

group 2 elements are alkaline of the element in d group is berrylium

How do the melting points of group 2 elements compare to group 1 elements?

Melting points of the elements in the group 2 are higher.