Moreover, any further rashes that appear are in fact not "new" rashes from touching another rash, rather they are late-showing rashes, which originated from the initial contact with the plant. Simply put, you aren't contagious to yourself or others once you've distanced yourself from the source of contamination even if you blister or ooze (there is no urushiol leaking out of your skin).
Now to the important informations....treating that awful rash. The answer is focused on two areas:
The Itch: calamine lotion, anti-itch cream (topical antihistamine) and/or benadryl (oral antihistamine)
The Rash: hydrocortisone (topical anti-inflammatory)
Now, if you find that these rashes are causing massive swelling (especially in important areas like the mouth, nose, eyes, or genitals) you need to seek medical help so it doesn't compromise important functions (breathing, seeing, urinating)...this may be all due to a hyperactive reaction to the urushiol. Then you may be using systemic corticosteroids to reduce inflammation.
Otherwise, this can all be treated at home and will take time to heal this terribly annoying rash!
salt water really helps
Seek medical help
Try cold compresses and benadryl
No, poison ivy is not contagious.
No, you will not get poison ivy.
Poison Ivy varies by location. Again use the sayings Leaflets three; let it be" is the best known and most useful cautionary rhyme. It applies to poison oak, as well as to poison ivy.
zanfel. its 36 dollars but works everytime. I suggest medicine that are prescribed by a doctor, but the best over-the-counter medicine for poison ivy would be Tecnu Extreme Poison Ivy Scrub.
if there is a woman posion ivy and a man poison ivy then they get together, have luch and at the end of the night make a baby poison ivy.
Having poison ivy will not kill you.
Anyone can get Poison Ivy if you are allergic to it.
Bad things happen. Don't eat poison ivy.
Yes it works very well
Yes it makes it go away faster
It is best not to. You should wait until all the poison ivy is gone to help prevent any more problems.
Ivy leaf is poison ivy. Poison ivy is a leaf that gives you a bad itchy rash.
If you are near the ocean anywhere, get into the water, lightly break the poison ivy blisters with sand and let the ocean water get at it. This dries up poison ivy faster than any other treatment I know. This can get rid of poison ivy in just a day or two. other means include,applying tea tree oil or aloe vera.You can get rid of Poison Ivy rashes by immediately rinsing your skin when the poison ivy strikes, rubbing the skin with some alcohol, or by taking an antihistamine.
If the poison ivy bubble is big it is not poison ivy but rather poison oak the same remities apply for ridding yourself of it
No it is too hot for poison ivy to survive there
What can i use for poison ivy
No, poison ivy does not grow in Europe
poison ivy is a plant....
North Carolina has poison ivy as well as poison oak.