Asked in
Collective Nouns

What is the collective name for tea coffee sugar flour?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 06, 2015 2:03AM

There is no standardized collective nouns for tea, coffee,sugar, or flour. This is most likely because these staples have come in many forms in many places over the centuries.

Collective nouns are an informal part of language. Any noun that is descriptive of the thing grouped can function as a collective noun. Some common examples are:

  • a pot of tea
  • a tin of tea
  • a spot of tea
  • a bag of coffee
  • a cup of coffee
  • a can of coffee
  • a pinch of sugar
  • a spoon of sugar
  • a pound of sugar
  • a sack of flour
  • a cup of flour
  • a dusting of flour