What is the definition of the word 'describe'?
To describe. transitive verb.
1. To give an account of in speech or writing.
2. To convey an idea or impression of; characterize: She described her childhood as a time of wonder and discovery.
3. To represent pictorially; depict: Goya's etchings describe the horrors of war in grotesque detail.
4. To trace the form or outline of: describe a circle with a compass.
to give an account or representation of in words
to pronounce or label: he has been described as a genius.
to draw a line or figure, such as a circle
1. describe - give a description of; "He drew an elaborate plan of attack"
represent - describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality; "He represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel"
delineate - describe in vivid detail
exposit, set forth, expound - state; "set forth one's reasons"
adumbrate, outline, sketch - describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of; "sketch the outline of the book"; "outline his ideas"