Auto Insurance
Mathematical Finance
The Moon

What is the difference in price of PLPD as compared to full coverage per year?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-02-04 14:26:00
2006-02-04 14:26:00

Full coverage is more Expensive that PLPD because with full coverage anything that happens to your car they will pay for yours and the other persons car but with PLPD they only pay for the other persons car.


Related Questions

Not sure what plpd coverage it maybe personal liablity property damage? If so no, I don't think that would cover a window broken out. You would need comprehensive coverage for a vandal breaking out your window.

No. If you had an accident with your husbands car and you were at fault with only PLPD insurance, the damages to your vehicle would not be covered.

PLPD is also known as liability. If YOU hit someone else's car meaning that you are at fault, any repairs will come out of your own pocket because PLPD only covers damages for other vehicles. If you were not at fault it doesn't matter what coverage you have because their insurance carrier (if they have one) should pay for your vehicle damages.

ANYBODY needs the mandatory coverage - protects the drivers in the case of at fault

I am assuming that you are making up some abbreviation by using the plpd. The part of the policy that would pay for the damages to the car you hit if it was your fault would be Property Damage Liability Coverage.

i was charged 110 dollars for changing my full coveage to plpd

Not usually. That type of coverage is called "comprehensive", but even that doesn't cover everything. Depends on the type and extent of the damage.

Where I live PLPD (Public Liability and Public Damage) are the first type The second is known as comprehesive or colision

PLPD stands for Public Liability and Property Damage. It satisfies your obligation to the state, and offers no coverage to your vehicle's damage. Usually when your car reaches 10 years old it is okay to switch to PLPD - by this time chances are that the collision premium will be close to what the "red book" or "blue book" value of the vehicle is. Some insurance companies do not offer collision coverage on vehicles that are 10 years or older and most require a mechanical inspection certificate (Please note this applies to auto insurance in Canada).

It would depend on why the car was totaled and who's fault the accident was and what time of insurance do you have PLPD or Full Coverage

This would be covered under the "comprehensive" portion of a full coverage policy. PLPD aka liability would not cover such damage.

No, only "comprehensive" coverage would pay for that. Liabiility AKA PLPD AKA property damage and liability ONLY covers other vehicles you may damage in a crash YOU have caused.

Unless you have an uninsured motorist coverage attached to your PLPD policy, you are otherwise screwed. Your only other option beyond this is to sue the driver if they got caught. Well we all know lawsuits can only be so effective but they can take time and money to complete. Even if you win you aren't guaranteed any money, if the other party ever pays at all. Moving on, PLPD only covers any at fault accidents YOU may have. When I had my first car I had PLPD BUT I had an uninsured motorist coverage on my policy. It turned out that was the right thing to do because I was involved in a hit and run myself, and since the other party was deemed as having no insurance, my car was paid for.

Yes, but proof will be necessary - determining fault. Some insurers like to mess with your head and question the "fault" and deny coverage. Get it in writing - possibly by the at-fault driver or YOUR insurance company. Here in Canada, even if you only have PLPD, if the accident is not your fault you are covered for repair, minus the deductible.

PlPD = public liability, property damage, meaning your policy will cover medical and some property damage to a vehicle or property you may have an infraction with

No, if your car burns, is stolen, or is destroyed by vandalism, you won't receive a cent in Michigan with PLPD. Even in an accident you won't receive anything, your PLPD will only pay other people for damage you cause to them, it won't pay you a dime, that's why it's cheap.

No because PLPD a.k.a. liability only covers other vehicles in case you have an at-fault crash. Hail damage is covered under the comrprehensive portion of a full coverage policy.

No, you only have insurance to protect you against claims for damage you caused to others. If you can't afford to replace the car, keep the comprehensive and collision coverage.

You must have comprehensive coverage in order to recover on a claim from your insurance company if your vehicle is stolen. Liability only is just that, liability for your legal liability for damage or injuries to others.

Public Liability and Property Damage insurance. Bascially liability insurance.

Nope, PLPD aka liability only covers other vehicles for accidents which you may be at fault for. Comprehensive insurance would take care of an incident such as this.

It might be possible if you have full coverage insurance but this happened to my husband and it tore his transmission out and he had PLPD and they wouldn't do anything to help we ended up selling the car for $300.00

I have PLPD insurance and was in an accident that was the other driver's fault. The lady's insurance paid for the damages, around $3000 which was the blue book retail value of the car, and they paid for a rental car for a short period. Since I had PLPD insurance, I had to pay for extra insurance on my rental vehicle, $12 a day extra, that their insurance would not cover and came out of my own pocket.

So I'm assuming you don't want coverage for damage to your vehicle if it were in an accident. Then your probably just going to need Property Liability & Property Damage Coverage. You wouldn't need to carry comprehensive or collision coverage. I'm from Michigan and we are a NO Fault Insurance state. So in my state most people call it PLPD. In Michigan, this is going to give you liability damage and property damage but no coverage for your vehicle itself. Usually states have minimum coverage that is mandatory. In Michigan, the state minimum is is 20,000 Bodily Injury per Person / 40,000 Bodily Injury Per Occurrence and 10,000 Property Damage. The Bodily Injury covers injuries to the other party and the Property Damage covers the damage to the other person's vehicle. You also are required to have PIP coverage in Michigan, which is Personal Injury Protection which is unlimited. This coverage is your "Medical" coverage. Hope that helps...

No, you will only be paid the value of the vehicle. If you are "upside-down" in the loan you will be out the difference between what the vehicle is worth and the loan payoff. If you owe LESS than the vehicle is worth, you will get a little in your pocket when the deal is done.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.