Asked in
Home & Garden
Home Improvement
Building and Carpentry
Glue and Adhesives

What is the hard black stuff on old floors that has to be chipped off and adhesive remover will not melt or penetrate?


User Avatar
Wiki User
November 05, 2007 3:36AM

It is called Mastic. It is the adhesive that used to be used for floor tiles. Warning: Most mastic contains asbestos