Asked in
Real Estate

What is the legal term for when someone dies without a will and their estate goes into what?


User Avatar
Wiki User
May 22, 2013 10:15PM

When someone dies without making a will the term is "to die intestate". In that case one's money and property is goes to their spouse or civil partner, their child/children, their parent, their brother or sister or to more distant relative.