Asked in BiologyBotany or Plant BiologyGenetics
Botany or Plant Biology
What is the main difference between plant and animal cells?
January 15, 2012 4:15AM
- Plants cells have a cell wall over the cell membrane,whereas,animals cells lack cell wall.
- In plant cells, there is a single large vacuole present in the middle, whereas, in animals cell,there are more than one vacuoles.
- Plant cells possess plastids, but, animal cells don't.
- Animal cells have centrioles, whereas, plant cells don't.
- Plant cells are more square shaped, animal cells are more round
- Plant cells have chlorophyll for Photosynthesis (make their own food), and animal cells don't
December 24, 2019 3:37AM
Adeno-associated virus (AAV) has been widely used by scientists to deliver exogenous genetic material into cultured cells or live animal models. AAV can infect both dividing and non-dividing cells. Multiple AAV serotypes (AAV-1, AAV-2, AAV-3, AAV-4, AAV-5, AAV-6, AAV-8, AAV-9, AAV-DJ/8 and AAV-DJ) enable AAVs to efficiently infect with broad specificity.