What is the nature of bee sting and wasp sting?
The nature of the bee and wasp sting is that they are usually inflammatory and acidic.
The chemicals left by a bee sting and wasp sting are slightly different. The wasp sting has a base which is neutralized by the vinegar. Bee stings are acidic and are not neutralized by the vinegar.
Well, wasp sting is more poisonous than bee sting
The wasp will try to sting the bee back, with a jaggered bee sting in its side, while the bee - wich would now be going crazy - is slowly dying and giving the wasp a hard time to actually sting the bee sucsessfully.
because simply you have been stung and therfore a bee sting will sting. this is the same for a wasp sting, a wasp sting also stings if you have been stung.
a bee sting is acid a wasp sting is base
The venom of a honey bee is mostly formic acid.
the wasp. any questions?
A bee or wasp might STING.
If you are stung by a bee the bee usually leaves it's sting in you, so you need to remove the sting. Do this by scrapping the sting out of your arm, toe etc Don't grab the end of the sting to pull it out you will put more of the bee venom into you. Then put some wet bicarbonate of soda on the sting area. If you are stung by a wasp there is… Read More
Bee and Wasps can be deadly with their stings. While a wasp can cause some degree of pain and temporary swelling, a wild bee sting can be prove to be very dangerous for health.
A bee sting is acidic and a wasp sting is alkaline so that makes them have acid and alkali in them....!
The self-defensive sinking of a stinger, with the resulting death of the bee, not the wasp, into skin defines a bee or a wasp sting.
sting it first, sting it in the teeth
A bee does not sting itself, but a wasp sometimes will. Bees will sting other bees if they are fighting.
yes it does like a bee sting
A wasp sting and a bee sting have different properties and therefore need different treatments to neutralize the sting.
A bee sting has a ph of between 5.0 and 5.5 and it is acidic. A wasp sting is often mistakenly said to be alkaline, but it actually has a ph of 6.8 to 6.9 -- it is almost neutral.
It is similar to a bee/wasp sting. People who are allergic to bee/wasp stings may have a more severe reaction than most of us and should avoid them. Treatment for a velvet ant sting is the same as for any typical bee/wasp sting.
A combined bee and wasp sting could be dangerous for someone that is allergic. Even if not allergic, this combination could still be extremely painful.
The stinger is on the back end of the bee, wasp, or hornet.
No a wasp stings are alkali and bee stings are acidic
Yes, a wasp can, but a bee cannot.
A bee sting mixed with the universal indicator would be yellow-green, but a wasp sting would be a much darker green.
The soda which is alkaline neutralizes the bee sting which is acidic. For wasp stings use vinegar. Vinegar is acidic and neutralizes the alkaline wasp sting.
No not unless your allergic. (:
Black wasps sting just like any other bee or wasp. However, the black wasp isn't as aggressive as most species.
A wasp sting is not acidic but a bee sting is. A wasp sting is actually pH 10 alkali so if you had a wasp sting and put some fizzy drink on it, it SHOULD help because fizzy drinks are pH 4 and it should balance it out.
To neutralise a bee sting venom we use toothpaste, but wasp venom vinegar. resoures: DR.Abdullah Fouad AL-Rumaih 7N, science works 2
Toothpaste reduces the pain and swelling of a bee sting (because toothpaste is a base and the bee sting is acidic) Toothpaste doesn't help wasp stings because wasp stings and toothpaste are alkali. (However vinegar works well on wasp stings because vinegar is acidic)
porque me da la gana
A bee sting is acidic. A wasp sting is commonly believed to be alkaline, but in fact its pH is 6.8 to 6.9 so it is almost neutral
The wasp sting venom is alkaline, and so can be treated with a mild acid like vinegar to reduce the pain. By contrast the bee sting is acidic. An easy way to remember is that the word 'bee' has fewer letters than wasp, and the word 'acid' has fewer letters than alkali.
put baking soda on it.
An allergic reaction.
Yes, it would.
Vinegar helps against wasp stings because they are alkaline but would not help for a bee sting because it is acidic. Bicarbonate of soda helps counteract the acidity of a bee sting. Ultimately time is the main healer.
my dad once told me it wont hurt if a wasp stings me after a bee and i asked why.... it is because there is a certain chemical in a bee sting that helps the acid in the sting painless. it can also be the other way round, they both cancel each other out! not a good idea to try this though as it is near imposable for the bee or wasp to sting you… Read More
A bee sting is acid, a wasp sting is alkaline, that's why you should put bicarbonate of soda on a bee sting and vinegar or lemon juice on a wasp's if you want to neutralize it and take away the pain.
A little sodium bicarbonate could well act as a soothing agent, but contrary to popular belief you can't neutralise either a wasp or bee sting by putting any chemicals on the surface of the skin.
you might be allergic
The actual chemical makeup of the venom is very similar, but a wasp will usually inject more venom per sting than a honeybee. Also, when the honeybee stings, it kills the bee, whereas a wasp can sting repeatedly. A good emergency treatment is a solution of warm water and ammonia sponged thoroughly over the sting site, followed by Hydrocortisone ointment.
Bee venom is acidic, with a pH of between 5.0 and 5.5. Wasp venom is nearly neutral, with a pH of 6.8 to 6.9. Nettle sting contains formic acid (also known as methanoic acid), as does the sting of the red ant.
Wasp sting. It hurts like hell. I am on a hippo! :D The wasp sting is worse because their stinger is smooth making them able to pull it out smoothly and shove it in again. A bee's stinger is barbed like a fishing hook so they can't pull it out.
Yes. If a wasp tries to enter a hive the guard bees will almost certainly sting it to death.
When a bee stings someone, the stinger lodges in the person, the lower part of the bee is torn from the upper part. The bee dies soon after. A wasp can sting a person and live (because the stinger comes out after the sting), but a bee will die.
Wasp stings contain: hyaluronidase, histamine, phospholipase A, acetylcholine.
I personally wouldn't do that. I would put baking soda or bennadril on it. I was told: For bee stings put baking soda on the sting site. Bee stings are acid and baking soda neutralizes acid. For wasp stings put vinegar on the sting site because wasp stings are alkaline and acid neutralizes alkaline.
If it is definitely a bee sting and not a wasp sting, the first thing to do is remove the barb because as long as the barb is in your skin, the venom will continue to pump into your body. (A wasp doesn't leave the barb behind.) You could then try a proprietary brand of antihistamine. You will have localised pain and swelling of the surrounding area, the severity of which varies from person to… Read More
A wasp's sting. The wasp sting is worse because their stinger is smooth making them able to pull it out smoothly and shove it in again. A bee's stinger is barbed like a fishing hook so they can't pull it out.
this works with sunburn too but, take a paper towel and soak it in vinegar and but it on your sting it will take the swelling and sting feeling away