The probability is 0, since there will be some 3-tosses in which you get 0, 1 or 3 heads. So not all 3-tosses will give 2 heads.
If the coin is fair, the probability of getting all heads will decrease exponentially towards 0.
The probability of tossing heads on all of the first six tosses of a fair coin is 0.56, or 0.015625. The probability of tossing heads on at least one of the first six tosses of a fair coin is 1 - 0.56, or 0.984375.
With 5 coin tosses there are 32 possible outcomes. 10 of these have exactly 2 heads, and 26 of these have 2 or more heads.For exactly two coins are heads: 10/32 = 31.25%For two or more heads: 26/32 = 81.25%
The probability of getting all heads is 1/24 = 1/16 The probability of getting all tails is also 1/24 = 1/16 The probability of all heads or all tails is the sum of the two = 1/8
1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/8 The probability is 1 chance in 8 sequences, or .125
The probability that a coin will result in heads in any one toss is 1/2. If you toss the coin three times, the probability that the coin will turn up heads each time is 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 or 1/8, which is 12.5%.
The probability of getting all heads or all tails in 5 flips of a coin is 1 in 16.The probability of getting a head or a tail on the first flip is 1 in 1. The probability of each of the following coins matching the first coin is 1 in 2. Simply multiply the five probabilities (1 in 1) (1 in 2) (1 in 2) (1 in 2) (1 in 2) and you get 1 in 16.It is true that the probability of getting all heads is 1 in 32, and the probability of getting all tails is also 1 in 32. Since the question asked the probability of both cases (all heads or all tails), the answer is 1 in 16.
The chance is 50%-50% that it will be heads or tails; this does not change regardless of the number of previous tosses and their results.
The probabilty of you flipping 3 coins and getting all heads or tails is 0.125 or 1/8.
For each toss, the probability that it'll land heads up is 1/2 So 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/8, or .125 There is a 12.5% chance that it will land heads-up all 3 times.
The probability of getting at least 1 tails is (1 - probability of getting all heads) The probability of getting all heads (no tails) is ½ x ½ x ½ x ½ x ½ x ½ x ½ x ½ = 1/256 = 0.00390625 so the probability of getting at least ONE tails is 1-0.30390625 = 0.99609375 = 255/256
For 3 coin flips: 87% chance of getting heads at least once 25% chance of getting heads twice 13% chance of getting heads all three times
The probability of getting all heads if you flip a coin three times is: P(HHH) = 1/2 ∙ 1/2 ∙ 1/2 = 1/8. The probability of getting all tails if you flip a coin three times is: P(TTT) = 1/2 ∙ 1/2 ∙ 1/2 = 1/8. The probability of getting all heads or all tails if you flip a coin three times is: P(HHH or TTT) = P(HHH) + P(TTT) = 2/8 = 1/4.
0.5*0.5*0.5 = 0.125 or 1/2*1/2*1/2 = 1/8
Your question is a bit difficult to understand. I will rephrase it as follows: What is the probability of getting a head if a coin is flipped once? p = 0.5 What is the probability of getting 2 heads if a coin is flipped twice = The possible events are HT, TH, HH, TT amd all are equally likely. So the probability of HH is 0.25. What is the probability of getting at least on head if the coin is flipped twice. Of the possible events listed above, HT, TH and HH would satisfy the condition of one or more heads, so the probability is 3 x 0.25 = 0.75 or 3/4. Also, since the probability of TT is 0.25, and the probability of all events must sum to 1, then we calculate the probability of one or more heads to be 1-0.25 = 0.75
The probability of getting at least one tail in a flip of six coins is the same as the probability of not getting all heads, which is 1 - (0.56), or 0.984375.
To find P( at least 1 head in 7 tosses) we can find P( no heads) and subtract that from one. Alternatively, we need to find P ( 1 head) + P ( 2 heads )+...+ P(7 heads) Since P of no heads is P( all tails) this is (1/2)7 =.0078125 ( 1/128 as a fraction) Now 1-(1/128)=127/128 or .9921875
This is a probability question. Probabilities are calculated with this simple equation: Chances of Success / [Chances of Success + Chances of Failure (or Total Chances)] If I flip a coin, there is one chance that it will land on heads and one chance it will land on tails. If success = landing on heads, then: Chances of Success = 1 Chances of Failure = 1 Total Chances = 2 Thus the probability that a coin will land on heads on one flip is 1/2 = .5 = 50 percent. (Note that probability can never be higher than 100 percent. If you get greater than 100 you did the problem incorrectly) Your question is unclear whether you mean the probability that a coin will land on head on any of 8 flips or all of 8 flips. To calculate either you could write out all the possible outcomes of the flips (for example: heads-heads-tails-tails-heads-tails-heads-heads) but that would take forvever. Luckily, because the outcome of one coin flip does not affect the next flip you can calculate the total probability my multiplying the probabilities of each individual outcome. For example: Probability That All 8 Flips Are Heads = Prob. Flip 1 is Heads * Prob. Flip 2 is Heads * Prob. Flip 3 is Heads...and so on Since we know that the probability of getting heads on any one flips is .5: Probability That All 8 Flips Are Heads = .5 * .5 * .5 * .5 * .5 * .5 * .5 * .5 (or .58) Probability That All 8 Flips Are Heads = .00391 or .391 percent. The probability that you will flip a heads on any of flips is similar, but instead of thinking about what is the possiblity of success, it is easier to approach it in another way. The is only one case where you will not a heads on any coin toss. That is if every outcome was tails. The probability of that occurring is the same as the probability of getting a heads on every toss because the probability of getting a heads or tails on any one toss is 50 percent. (If this does not make sense redo the problem above with tails instead of heads and see if your answer changes.) However this is the probability of FAILURE not success. This is where another probability formula comes into play: Probability of Success + Probability of Failure = 1 We know the probability of failure in this case is .00391 so: Probability of Success + .00391 = 1 Probability of Success = .9961 or 99.61 percent. Therefore, the probability of flipping a heads at least once during 8 coin flips is 99.61 percent. The probability of flipping a heads every time during 8 coin flips is .391 percent.
The probability is 2/4 or 4/8 or 1/2. The reason is that if you have 4 identical coins and you flip all of them at once you have half a chance because you could either get all heads, all tails, or a combination.
50-50. each toss is independent of any previous toss. if all tosses are to be heads/tails then each toss you multiply by the number of chances. i,e. 2, starting with 1. three heads in a row is 1x2x2
If the sequence matters (you want H-H-T in that order), then . . .Probability of the first head = 0.5Probability of the second head = 0.5Probability of the tail on the 3rd toss = 0.5Probability of the correct 3-toss sequence = (0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5) = 1/8 = 0.125 = 12.5%=====================================================If the sequence doesn't matter, then the probability is higher.All the possible results of 3 tosses are:TTTTTHTHTTHHHTTHTHHHTHHHIf the sequence doesn't matter, there are 3 different ways to get 2 heads and 1 tail.The probability is3/8 = 0.375 = 37.5%
0.5, 1/2, 50% The probability for heads versus tails does not change based on the amount of times the coin is tossed. It will always be a 50% chance.
There is a probability of 0.5 of heads on each coin, so there is a 1/2 * 1/2 *1/2 = 1/8 = 0.125 chance that all coins land heads. You can also express this as a percentage, 12.5% chance. The odds are 1 in 8 that this can happen.
For 4 coin tosses, there are 16 possible outcomes. Tails on 75% of 4 tosses is 3 times tails, and 1 time heads. This occurs in 4 of those 16 possibilities, so the probability is 4/16 = 1/4 (or 25%). But if the question is 'what is the probability that it's tails at least 75% of the time, then you have to add in the 1 where all 4 are tails, then you have 5/16 (or 31.25%).
If a coin is flipped 4 times, the probability of getting 3 heads is: 4C3 (1/2)^3 (1/2)^1 = 4(1/8)(1/2) = 4/16 = 1/4