What is the speed of darkness?
The universe consists only of space, mass and energy. The word 'speed' is applicable only to mass (solid, liquid, or gas) or energy (heat, light, electromagnetic waves, etc.). Darkness is not a mass nor energy, so the word speed cannot be applied to darkness.
- Darkness is the absence of light. There is no speed of
- I guess you could say that darkness "arrives" when light
departs. So the speed that light "leaves" the observed space would
be the speed of darkness; meaning the speed of darkness would be
the speed of light, about 3.00 × 108 m/s. The same reasoning is
behind the statement "there is no 'cold,' only the absence of
- I think the contributor is asking a joke or riddle - a play on
"the speed of light."
- There is a "Speed of Darkness". It is the fifth studio album by
the Celtic Punk band Flogging Molly. It was released May 31, 2011.
- According to the Discworld series of books by Terry Pratchett, Darkness is faster than the speed of light as no matter how fast light tries to get there, darkness always got there first.