Asked in
Conditions and Diseases
Black Death (Plagues)

What kind of doctor treats asthma?


User Avatar
Wiki User
May 23, 2010 1:11PM

A respirologist.


You should go to your primary care physician (family physician, general pediatrician, general internist) for asthma. The majority of asthma patients are managed by primary care physicians. There are those with severe asthma may need to see a Pulmonologist for evaluations and treatments. However, once stabilized and controlled, the patients of then is followed by the primary care physicians.