Commercial Insurance
Liability Insurance
Workers Compensation

What kind of insurance is needed in construction?

User Avatar
Wiki User
April 19, 2008 2:57AM

The amount of coverage may vary from state to state. Commonly, a million dollar liability policy is needed. In most states, a construction company must be registered with the state and is granted a license. During the registration, you must show that you are covered by an insurance policy. There are some up-sides to this additional cost. Such as this million dollar policy can also be used for other items; like qualifying for "In-transit" plates and also for "commercial" plates. You may also be able to use this same policy to get a car dealer's license and thus, "dealer" plates.