What kind of training do you need to become a insurance agent?

Insurance Agents are professionals who must be licensed by their State Department of Insurance in order to conduct business. Licensing programs vary by state. Within each state, the requirements will vary depending on what type of insurance the agent is interested in working in. For instance, agents who sell only home and car insurance do not have to take the same licensing exams as those who only sell life and health insurance.

Most states require that licensed agents take continuing education courses. These courses usually have to be completed once every two years.