Best Answer

The cables really don't make much difference. If you're a fanatic, you can spend hundreds of dollars on fragile gold cables and you probably won't be able to tell the difference. About the only way that cables could make a noticable difference is if your mixer has an optical out and the speakers have an optical in, which isn't very likely.

-DJ Craig

This isn't technically correct. The cable choice can make a huge difference.

Firstly you do not want very thin cable, this will limit the amount of bass coming through them. You really want to be looking at a good quality copper cable, DJ Craig is correct in saying that you could spend hundreds of dollars and not notice, but this is because of your system, a good choice of cable for such a system, would be two core power cable, this is a cheap and effective solution, I've seen guys use this a lot.

And the optical thing... Audio signals are not passed through optical cable, data is, first the audio is converted to data, with an A/D converter, passed through the data cable, then converted back to audio with a D/A converter. Voltage isn't passed through these cables, its the voltage which drives the speakers.

My Advice. Good Power cable will do the job just fine.

King Tom

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-09-13 10:29:44
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What kinds of cables do you need to connect a Sound Lab G742 powered mixer to 2x200 watt Sound Lab speakers to get the best sound from them?
Write your answer...
Related questions

What is 2x200?


What are the numbers that you can multiply together to get 400?

20x20=400 40x10=400 5x80=400 2x200=400 1x400=400

Junior age group dryland workout of swimming?

OK well i swim and i am 13 and I swim monday Tuesday in the morning and after school Wednesday Thursday and Friday in the morning and in the afernoon and on Saturday but a good work out would be like for a warm up 4x200 free swim kick pull swim then do 6x100 of watever stroke you want to get better at in my case i need to work on fly bcz that is the stroke that i am goin to state in then do 4x200 free then like 8x50 fly 6x50 back 4x50 brest 2x50 free then do 2x200 pull back and do more if you have time but make sure you do a cool down nothing less than a 100 and nothing more than a 400 HOPE I HELPED!!!!!!!!

How can you connect your tv to your hi fi speakers?

You will need RCA audio cables in order to connect your TV to your hi fi speakers. Connect the cables to the cables to the audio out on your television. Connect the other end to the axillary input port on your receiver.

How do you connect stereo speakers to pc?

Regular passive (non-amplified) speakers will need to be connected to a power amp (an old stereo receiver can do this). Connect the line out of the computer to the aux or tape in of the receiver, and then connect speaker cables from the receiver to each of the speakers.

What is the difference between powered speakers and none powered speakers?

Powered speakers have an amp between the audio source and the speakers. Non-powered speakers have the amp located in the audio source. Speakers are usually called powered if they are sold with an amplifier either attached to the speakers or physically near the speakers.

What cables does an acousticmass 7 need and how do you hook it up?

It uses ordinary speaker cables. Unlike modern surround speaker systems, the Acoustimass 7 does not have a powered subwoofer. The only way to connect it to a surround receiver is to use the speaker level outputs from the right, center and left channels. They connect to the sub, and then on to each of the front 3 speakers. You will need to tell your receiver that there is no connected subwoofer, and that the size of the front 3 speakers is 'large'.

What are audio cables most useful for?

Audio cables are most useful for setting up home theater and computer sound systems. The cables help to connect the actual TV or computer to the speakers.

How do you install external speakers on iMac?

Connect the external speaker system to the Audio Output on the rear of the iMac. It is the connection on the far left of the rear of the iMac when you are looking at the rear. The speakers will have to be self powered speakers computer speakers.

How do you power a powered subwoofer to factory car stereo?

Take the rcas from the amp and connect it to the + and - posts on one of your speakers.

Are there universal computer cables for the internet?

Yes, you can use universal cables for internet, USB ports and to connect other speakers and output options. There are universal power cords, but they may not charge as quickly.

How can you amplify the sound on new TV?

You need to connect a good higher powered amp. and speakers to the Audio Out connectors on the back TV if it has them.

How do i connect speakers to a Marantz TT551 record player?

The Marantz TT551 needs a phono preamp (usually found in older stereo receivers) and powered speakers or the amplifier inside the old stereo.

How do you connect speakers to sylvania TV?

If the TV has an audio output, connect this to a stereo amplifier, and then connect speakers to this. Modern TV's don't have amplifiers for external speakers.

Where can one purchase Mackie powered speakers?

Mackie powered speakers can be purchased from websites such as Amazon and eBay. Some other online stores such as zZound, SweetWater, and SameDayMusic also have Mackie powered speakers available for sale.

What two cables connect to the hard disk?

The two cables that connect to the hard disk are the power cable and the data cable.

How do you install a image audio concepts IA-9901?

Connect speaker cables to your receiver. Note that the subwoofer in this system is not powered, so you will need an amp that can power the subwoofer too.

Is there a way to connect speakers to a tv that has no audio outputs?

You could use an external cable or satellite receiver and connect speakers to that.

How do you connect an Aiwa 2.0 100w speakers to a Philips DVD player?

You need to connect the DVD player and speakers to an amplifier.

How do you connect speakers to your computer?

Find the audio-out port on the back of your PC or side of your laptop (usually a green marker with a picture of headphones or sound waves), and plug in headphones or speakers. If you only have the white and red stereo cables, head over to a wal-mart and buy a "Y-Splitter" so that it will fit into the computer and plug your stereo cables into the splitter.

How can i connect external speakers with my sharp 90's model TV?

If your TV has RCA audio outputs, you can connect an amplifier to these outputs to plug in speakers. If it has a headphone jack, you can connect computer-type amplified speakers to this output.

Can mic cables compress sound on speakers?

yes it can

What do you need to connect two hard drive and one CD burner?

You need two cables called IDE cables. Typically these cables have the ability to connect two hard drives or two CD DVD roms. So just find two IDE cables and you can conect what you need to connect.

Do I need cables to connect my computer to TV?

Yes, you do need cables to connect your computer to your television. You can also use the guide to find out about what type of cable that you need to connect the computer to the television.

How do you make your desktop speakers louder?

Replace them with "powered" speakers like you would use on and MP3.