A mammal is normally defined as a warm blooded animal with a covering of fur, skin or hair which gives birth to live young who are nourished with milk, and who are vertebrate. All mammals suckle their young, but there is a sub-group known as monotremes, which are the egg-laying mammals. This group includes just the platypus and the echidna. They are still Mammals because, like all Mammals, they feed their young on mothers' milk. Mammals also breathe through lungs.
Most mammals are also characterized by the following anatomical features:
- A flexible neck with seven cervical vertebrae
- Mammals also show enhanced neocortex development
- Sound is produced by the larynx (a modified region of the trachea)
- limbs are oriented vertically
- The mammalian heart has 4 chambers
- Internal temperature is generally high and constant usually 37 C
- Egg development occurs in the uterus (excluding Monotremata)
- RBC are non nucleated
- Diaphragm present between thoracic and abdominal cavities . Mammals are like humans they have live baby's and their blood try to coupe with the weather just like ours does
It is a monkey, which makes it a mammal.
A bee is NOT a mammal - it is an insect.
what makes you think a spider is a mammal? no they arent
that is what makes a mammal a mammal they produce milk
The fact that it is warm blooded, and the ability of female Zebras to nurse their offspring, makes it a mammal.
Giving birth to live young and suckling them makes a mammal
A mammal is an animal that suckles its young with milk, and has hair or fur. A panda fits these requirements, so is a mammal.
It has hair, a backbone, has it's young alive and nurses them. That makes it a mammal .
Giving birth to live young and nourishing them by udders or breasts.
They do not feed their young milk. That is what Mammals do and what makes a mammal a mammal.
It can fly
mammal + darkness
No. The perigrine falcon is in the Class Aves, not Mammalia, which makes it a bird. No mammal has feathers.
Mammary glands and hair .
it nurses its young
Nothing. Birds are not mammals.
The same thing that makes a normal tiger a mammal. It's simply a tiger just with a white coloured coat instead of an orange!
A sea lion is considered to be a mammal because of it's short thick hair.
Howler Monkey, and the loudest water dwelling mammal is the Blue Whale Accualy the loudest dwelling mammal is the pistol Shrimp
It gives birth to live offspring.
No a boa is a kind of snake which makes it a reptile.
cheese is very tastey
the correct spelling is platypus
They bear live young and nourish them.