What past or present NFL player has the most Super Bowl rings?
The player with the most as a player is Charles Haley, who won 5 as a player on three teams. Mean Joe Greene is one of several players with 4 player rings, and 2 more as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers staff.
The individuals with the most rings:
- Seven: Neal Dahlen has 5 with San Francisco as a player and coach, and 2 with Denver as a General Manager.
- Six: Conditioning coach Mike Woicik has three with the Dallas Cowboys and three with the New England Patriots. The Pittsburgh Steelers have five club employes with six Super Bowl rings, including defensive tackle Joe Greene who has won four as a player and two as the Steelers special assistant for player personnel. Dan Rooney won each of his six rings as an executive with the Steelers.
- Five: Dick Hoak, Charles Haley, and Bill Belichick each have five Super Bowl Rings. Hoak was running backs coach for all five championships. Linebacker Haley is the only person to win all five as a player: two with the San Francisco 49ers and three with the Cowboys. Bill Belichick gained his five for coaching: two as defensive coordinator of the New York Giants, and three as the head coach of the Patriots. Pepper Johnson has five super bowl rings; two as a player with the Giants and three as a coach with the New England Patriots.
- Four: Dozens of players have four. Twenty-two players, among them Randy Grossman, Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Mel Blount, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Rocky Bleier, Donnie Shell, and Mike Webster, each won four Super Bowl rings with the Steelers. Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Keena Turner, and Tom Holmoe each won four Super Bowl rings with the 49ers. Kicker Adam Vinatieri won three with the Patriots and one with the Indianapolis Colts. Bill Romanowski won two with the Niners and two with the Denver Broncos. Coach Charlie Weis won one with the Giants and three with the Patriots. Matt Millen has the most rings from different teams, two with the Oakland Raiders, one with the 49ers, and one with the Washington Redskins.
- Three: Among the many football figures with three are Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Michael Irvin, Tom Brady, Joe Gibbs and Jerry Rice. Ken Norton, Jr. is the only player to have won in three Super Bowls in a row.
Other contributors have listed:
- Mike Ditka, as player and coach for Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears.
- Romeo Crennel has five (2 Giants, 3 Patriots)
- Ray Rhodes has five.