Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-09-24 22:23:06

The illegal partner will probably be repatriated to his/her home country or be imprisioned prior to deportation. The American citizen may be fined or criminally charged.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Well the baby is a U.S. Citizen and since the baby is a U.S. Citizen, in time the "illegal immigrant" may be able to get a green card and first of all an illegal immigrant isn't illegal if they have a visa, except if they were living and working in the U.S on a tourist visa,

My guess is no. You have to prove that you have a real marriage to stay.

If the baby was in the U.S. then the child is a US citizen. However, an illegal DOES NOT get legal status merely by having a citizen child, and in fact is still subject to deportation. The government does IN FACT deport illegals with citizen children.

No. If he was illegal before, he's still illegal. He will need to go through the system to seek a green card. If he already has violated U.S. laws, he may never be able to seek citizenship.

does an illegal immigrant married to a citizens us have to go back to his country to get green card

An American citizen can marry an immigrant who already has a green card in the United States. The immigrant is placed in preference category 2A, and is placed on a waiting list.

You don't actually have to have a baby if you're married to a US citizen. If married to a US citizen for 3 years, I believe you automatically have a green card. If you have a baby, I think it would be a little quicker to get the green card. It happened to my brother, then she divorced him.

If they have a green card, they can work.

No, only when the child is an adult (18) can they request a green card for the parents. They will be illegal until then, unless they marry a citizen or get an employer to sponsor them.

If the illegal immigrant has, at least, a drivers license, passport, visa, or other identifying documents he or she may legally marry in the majority of U.S. states. He or she is still required to follow the laws of the state in which the marriage will occur. However, the immigrant does not automatically receive permanent residence status (green card) and is still subject to deportation procedures.

Yes a US citizen can sponsor for parent using the immigrant application Form I-130. Before that US citizen should file for a immigrant petition to prove relation with the alien relative.

Sometimes. The immigrant must follow the same procedures and apply for the green card. Often, they must voluntarily return to their home country to wait for their visa and permission to come through.

Being married would not change the fact she is an illegal alien. She could still be sent back to her country of origin.

A legal immigrant who marries a U.S. citizen can apply for a green card, so s/he can stay in the U.S., travel outside the U.S. and re-enter, and work in the U.S.

An immigrant who is unlawfully within the US is not eligible for permanent residence status (green card).

An immigrant who is unlawfully within the US is not eligible for permanent residence status (green card).

No it will not be easier to get a green card. And how did they illegally marry? If they were issued a marriage license, and they did not lie on the application, they are legally married.

from what i have read with ins. if you get caught or the ins finds out it is a fake marriage the us citizen can be charged with up to $5000 or 25 yrs in prision so good luck