Answers vary greatly. Here are some studies done:
The more rigorous studies have shown different results within a range of 0.6 to 5.4 percent. These studies include Bell-Weinberg, 1970 (~2 percent); Billy-Battelle, 1993 (1.1 percent); Cameron-Ross, 1975-78 (~3 percent); Catania-NABS, 1992 (2 percent); FRI, 1983 (5.4 percent); MacDonald, 1988 (2 percent); NCHS, 1988-91 (3.5 percent); Schmidt, 1987 (0.6 percent); and Trocki, 1988-89 (3 percent).
There are also other studies and reports that have influenced the popularly reported percentage. The popular estimate that 10 percent of the male population and 5 to 6 percent of the female population are exclusively or predominately gay/lesbian is based on the Kinsey Institute data published in 1948. Since then Kinsley has been widely debunked, as more than 55% of the men surveyed were either prisoners, sex offenders, or male prostitutes.
Laumann and Associates (1994), using the national probability Health and Social Life Survey combined with data collected in the General Social Survey, found that 2.8 percent of men and 1.4 percent of women identified as gay or lesbian, while 7.7 percent of men and 7.5 percent of women reported homosexual desire.
Michaels (1996) analyzed the limited available data and estimated that in the United States 9.8 percent of men and 5 percent of women report same-gender sexual behavior since puberty; 7.7 percent of men and 7.5 percent of women report same-gender desire; and 2.8 percent of men and 1.4 percent of women report homosexual or bisexual identity. An analysis of U.S. census data has provided the most solid evidence of the presence and certain social characteristics of lesbians and gays among the general population.
In the 1990 census, gay and lesbian respondents could identify themselves as unmarried partners. Estimates from the 1990 census indicate that 1.63 percent of people aged 15 and older nationwide reported themselves as unmarried partners of the householder. Certain areas have higher percentages.
In 2006 San Francisco reported the highest percentage of individuals identifying as gay, lesbian, or bisexual (15.9 percent). Seattle reported 12.9 percent. Higher percentages may sometimes be offered on the basis that homosexuality will not be acknowledged by all respondents because it carries a social stigma and the threat of persecution.
for women 13% and for men 38%
Most scientists believe that between 4% and 10% is gay, lesbian, and another 25% or so is bisexual.
Scientists estimate human population to be between 4% and 10%. According to US Census bureau, the current world population is estimated at: 6,900,385,814. the minimum 4% then would be: 276,015,433.
beyblades are gay blades they are the most gay thing in the world nearly 90 percent find it gay
If you want the world population it's about 10 percent
you are gay
The vast majority of the world does not support gay rights (more than 75% of the worlds population).
It is estimated around 2 percent.
About 3% to 8% of any population is gay. So that equates to about 250 million white gay people in the world.
I have heard the statistic 10 percent of the world is gay, but I dont know Thailand specifically.
Around 10% Of The Worlds Population Is Gay
Current scientists put the worlds population as 4-10 percent homosexual and another 25-40 percent bisexual. No real differentiation for skin color exists that I've found.
Straight in a Gay Gay World was created in 1976-10.
No, Eminem is not gay. He appeared in the movie, The Interview, and stated he was gay as a joke. It was all scripted. He is 100 percent not gay.
No. Only about 3 to 8 percent of the population is gay.
About 3.5% to 8% of Swedish men are gay.
yes. yes he is gay. 100 percent gay
no trent is not gay he has a daughter.. and if he is he hasnt came out with it. but there is a 0 percent change tht he is gay
As of 2014, about 20% of American gay couples have children.
Yes, there are gay people in the world.
It is unknown.
about 30 percent but the other 70 percent of guys that are straight are actually normal
Probably the same percent as most other countries. Various studies show different numbers. Right wing show 1 or 2% as gay, Left wing claim 10% gay.
Yes, they can. Most studies show that gay people were decided that way before they were born. Between 5 and 10 percent of the world is gay, which is a very large number of people. That means in a school of 100 children, maybe 6 or 7 or 8 of them are gay. They may not realize it till they are older, but they were gay since they were born, probably.
No, he is not gay. Unless he tells the world he is gay, he is not gay.
There are gay people all over the world. As a generalization, 5 percent of the overall population is considered gay. So, yes, there are gay people in every country in the world. In some countries, it is illegal to practice even consensual gay sex, however, and many people in those countries remain in the closet to avoid persecution.