Asked in
Environmental Issues
Oceans and Seas

What percentage of Earth's surface is covered by water?

Answer

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 22, 2017 2:06AM

According to some figures, the consensus is that 70.8% of the Earth's surface is covered by water; 29.2 % is covered by land. Other figures suggest the percentage of Earth's surface covered by water is 71.11%; the percentage covered by land is 28.89%. Only 3% of that water is fresh water, the rest is saltwater.

The amount of Earth covered by water is exactly 71.13%

70.78% of the Earth is covered in water.

Land covers 29.22 percent of the Earth's surface. This is about 57.5 million square miles (149 x 106 square kilometers). Water covers the other 70.78 percent of the Earth's surface. This is about 139.4 million square miles (361 x 106 square kilometers).

It's just over 7/10

The answer is simple, water covers about 70% of the earth's surface, and has a volume of about 1.4 billion km3

Furthermore about 97% of earth's water is stored in the oceans.

About 71 percent of the Earth's surface is water-covered, and the oceans hold about 96.5 percent of all Earth's water. But water also exists in the air as water vapor, in rivers and lakes, in icecaps and glaciers, in the ground as soil moisture and in aquifers, and even in you and your dog.
Yes the water cover the earth 75vpercent.