Asked in Home & GardenHolidays and TraditionsEntertainment & Arts
What percentage of people show for a party?
May 26, 2016 12:34AM
I think it is a matter of your social circle. Obviously, I am
one of those whose guests arrive early and leave early, don't show
or find something better to do. Reading online, it seems like it
may be a matter of the invitation. Online hints include:
- Contact them at a good time (like after dinner)
- Bring in personal interest during your conversation inviting them
- Give them a role - bring something, guest
- Recontact them later if they cannot give you a yes or a no at that time
- In person contact is better than phone
- The way you ask them might be: I'm having a party next weekend. I'd love it if you could come!"
- Send the particulars on line or on paper so that they have all
the information they need to get there on time and
September 13, 2011 11:42AM
It depends on who you invite really. There is no real way to measure what percentage may actually arrive.
If you invite people who don't like you particularly, it's less likely they'll take the effort to come.
It also depends on what sort of things you have at said party.
Key things are things like dates, if people aren't available on a certain day due to a prior commitment then they are less inclined to arrive.