Job Training and Career Qualifications
Midwives and Doulas

What qualifications do you need to be practicing psychologist?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 05, 2009 1:09PM

You need a BA (Hons), preferrably in Psychology - but could be in Education etc depending on the field of Psychology you wish to pursue e.g. Clinical, Educational etc. A Masters in a specialist field of Psychology, which must be BPS accredited and finally a Phd (doctorate) in that field too. It would take approximately 7 years of fulltime education to achieve this goal, plus you need practical experience in your relevant field too i.e. two years teaching experience in addition to other qualifications.