Asked in
Home Buying
Property Law

What recourse would you have if a seller of a house he had recently remodeled had wired an electrical outlet incorrectly and it needed to be fixed immediately upon moving in?


User Avatar
Wiki User
June 10, 2008 3:37AM

Perhaps the company who performed your inspection would provide a guarantee. If asked, the seller might also help pay for the electrician to come in and repair or replace the faulty outlet. It is always best to first approach these things positively and ask for the reasonable solution instead of introducing the threat of lawsuits and so on. Finally, if you have a home warranty, it may be covered that way.

I've purchased several houses, new and used, and there's always something that we end up repairing. Houses just have too many parts to be 100% perfect.