What should you do if you just received divorce papers and you don't want to divorce?

It is not up to you. The "other person" can begin a divorce action without your "approval". Get a lawyer to explain your rights in your state, otherwise you may be very sorry when the case gets to a courtroom.

- - - - -

You need to get a lawyer and contest the divorce.