Call an HVAC repairman. You're probably low on freon and a protection system is keeping the compressor from burning up.
Sounds like to me it is a protection device. Probably an internal overload on the compressor. Have you checked the outside coils they may be blocked with dirt? This would cause the compressor to go out on overload.
250 lbs and 75 depending on the outside temperatur.
It is possible that the circuit breaker for the compressor unit is thrown (switched to "off"). Go outside to the compressor unit and follow the big cable up to the circuit breaker panel on the wall. If it is off, throw the switch to "on." If that is not the problem, something is probably wrong with the compressor unit. Turn off the breaker panel and call a repairman.
It goes through a cable.
More than likely there is a problem with the wiring or connectors . The fan is only working at low because there isn't enough current getting to it.
The electric motor is probably bad if only the fan is not working. If you cannot hear the compressor running, either, then you may just have a tripped breaker, or the relay on the outside unit may be dirty. Ants like to get in those outside housings for the electronics; it's good shelter. The relay can be cleaned, and the breaker reset. If the motor is bad, it can be replaced. Call your local A/C service company.
Yes. Was the compressor running? Answer Depends on the refrigerant, but for residential systems they use either R22 or R410A, and those pressures are not right for either system. If the compressor was running, sounds to me like you have bad valves in the compressor and probably need a new compressor (or a new system)
A stuck compressor contactor. You can turn off the circuit breaker or pull the outdoor disconnect switch to stop it if you have not already done so.
It depends on the outside temperature, the vehicle and the compressor but it can be between 38 to 43 degrees..................
Even though the A/C unit is outside, the breaker for it will be in the entrance panel box inside your home. It should be clearly marked.
yes and no
If the fan outside is not running the compressor will overheat and if the fan inside the house is not running the compressor will get liquid refrigerant back to it and lock up! Neither is good for the compressor.
Assuming you mean the outside of the compressor, no. The gasoline (petrol) may damage the seals. And don't use gasoline to clean the inside of the compressor either.
The question isn't what you're powering with a particular gauge of wire, but what's the current draw. If the metal halide light can run on a 15 Amp breaker (from the breaker panel), fine use your metal halide in your residential application and run it on the 14 gauge wire.
Usually compressor not running or low on refrigerant. And yes it is supposed to be warm
If the breaker only trips once a week you may have a bad breaker or the breaker may not be large enough for your A/C unit. You should also have an electrician look for any loose connections from the unit to the breaker panel. (It is not uncommon to have a bad breaker)
Usually with a key from the outside or thumbolt from the inside.
compressor not running
I coaxed the skunk out of the house by throwing bacon outside.
it isn't because it will eventually decompose
because they are throwing garbage inside or outside...