Asked in
Conditions and Diseases
Abusive Relationships and Domestic Violence

What should you do when you find out the police have been infected by the narcissist and won't help you?


User Avatar
Wiki User
October 24, 2006 7:00PM

Police don't get infected by narcissism! There is probably not enough evidence and if you are reporting this person as an abuser to you, then often the person reporting it to the police is too afraid to charge the abuser. There is not much the police can do unless the person charging will help the police as much as they can. If you live in a county or small town where the person should be arrested, but never is, it's best to go into another town or county and form your complaint. Good luck Marcy Ask to see someone else. They may have got to one or more officers but they haven't got to them all. Be strong and have them charged, it will stop them. Narcissists don't like sitting in cells alone eh. If your narcissist physically abuses you and you end up with bruises, split lip or cuts, then have a friend take pictures of you at home with the date on the picture and then have her take you to the police and have them take pictures of these injuries. Even at this it has to be proven that the narcissist was the one that inflicted the injuries. There is a smarter way to deal with this .... go to a friends house and phone your local "Abused Women's Center" or your local "Mental Health" and they will put you in the right direction. If you live in a very small town and feel unsafe doing this get your friend to drive you to the next largest town available. Be prepared to stay! Abused Women's Centers will take you in (put you into a "Transition House" also called a "Safe Place") give you counseling and also send a counselor to court with you should you want to charge your abuser. No one knows where the "Safe Place" is so it's doubtful your abuser will find you. Be careful who you talk too about this and choose one trusted friend! Good luck!