Best Answer

This is a serious offence so it's advisable you seek legal counsel immediately! If you are innocent and the person accusing you has lied they may well be charged. Retain an attorney or if charged request a PDA and cease from discussing the matter with anyone until you have received legal counsel.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2007-02-26 21:11:18
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What should you do when your ex-spouse fabricated a story about you making terroristic threats if criminal charges are pending but the temporary restraining order was revoked?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Temporary restraining order criminal record?

Depends on the reason for the restraining order but I don't think, considering its temporary for whatever reason, it would count as a criminal offense.

How long does a temporary restraining order stay on your record in Washington state?

A temporary restraining order is a civil order, not a criminal conviction. It therefore will not appear on a criminal record. However, the court clerk will maintain the record forever.

Is a restraining order civil or criminal?


How long does a restraining order stay on your record?

A restraining order is a civil record and does not go on your criminal record. However, if you violate a restraining order it then becomes a criminal offense.

Do restraining orders appear on your Criminal record?

No, but violations of such do. A restraining order is a civil order.

What are the consequences of violating a restraining order if its a misdominer?

Your question is unclear. If what is a misdemeanor? A protective or restraining order is a civil, not a criminal, order. The violation is typically a criminal offense. What criminal offense and how it is punished varies.

If a restraining order is dropped will it stay on criminal record?

yes it will

Will a restraining order stay on your record?

If it was only a CIVIL COURT restraining order, it will not appear on your criminal record. HOWEVER, if there was any criminal action associated with it, or which was the cause for it being issued, (e.g.: domestic battery), THAT is a criminal matter and it WILL appear on your criminal record.

How long does a restraining order stay on your background in Wisconsin?

If no criminal charges accompanied the incident that brought about the restraining order, there will be no record of it on your criminal history. However, if there was a criminal incident connected with it (e.g.: assault or battery - etc), THAT offense will remain on your adult criminal history record.

What is the criminal charge for violating restraning order?

The charge IS "Violation of a Restraining Order."

Do temporary retraining orders go on your criminal background?


How can one abstain from a restraining order in the US?

For an individual to abstain from a restraining order in the United States, do not create or cause any criminal activities. A restraining order can last several days to years, depending on the case.

People also asked