Asked in HealthMiscarriagesGuinea PigsDental Braces
What should you eat if you just got braces?
February 16, 2011 6:32PM
Ok it will be fine. I have braces and so does the other people who edited this. ( i (dolphinlover) actually got my bottom ones today after getting my top ones a long time ago)
For the first day (after a couple of hours having them), your braces REALLY hurt when you bite/chew. For the first day/second day you should eat things like:
- Mashed potatoes
- Soft cheese (like feta or cottage)
- Pasta (slightly overcooked)
- soft bread (no sourdough)
- ANYTHING SOFT
- cake (that is not 2 hard)
For the whole time you have braces:
- no gum (only freedent gum.this gum does not affect ur braces! ask ur orthodontist if u don't belive me!)
- no apples or carrots
- no popcorn
- no oranges (trust me. My sis tried not a good look)
- no gummy worms or swedish fish
- no hard candy
- nothing hard and sticky, it is really bad and hard to get out and it's not very cute!
Don't sweat it. Yes, you can have chocolate and other non sticky, chewy, or hard sweets. Just brush your teeth and floss everyday! Brush when you can after you eat and be sure to get ALL of the pieces of food stuck in your braces out cause that ain't attractive. Just be calm, it will be awesome when you get them off if you take care of them. Also, when you get them tightened, it will also hurt so also eat soft foods. Good luck! and when you get them tightened it hurts EVEN 2 eat soft foods! god luck but it's worth the pain for the BEAUTIFUL smile :)!