Child Support

What steps would your fiance have to take to sign over his rights to a child he had with a girl in West Virgina and would a lawyer have to be involved?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 21, 2005 10:11PM

An attorney would not necessarily be needed, but a court hearing would. The information needed for the correct procedure pertaining to state laws can be obtained from the court clerk or administrator of the family or domestic issues court. Even if he is allowed to relinquish parental rights, the court will not release him from his financial responsiblity, meaning child support, medical coverage, and other obligations the court designates.