Asked in
The Difference Between

What treatments to improve the control of urine?


User Avatar
Wiki User
October 22, 2008 6:19PM

That depends, (no pun intended), on whether or not you are trying to *increase* the flow or *stop* leakage. * If you are having problems passing urine, you need to see your doctor very soon. If you are not able to urinate at all, you need to go to an emergency room.* If you are having problems with leakage, there are exercises you can do with the muscles that control urine leaking, (Kegel muscles the "don't pee" muscles and Kegel exercises). If you have leaking that is not controlled by the exercises or by tightening your "don't pee" muscles, then the answer may differ depending on whether you are male or female. There are medications that can help bladder tone and therefore help control the leakage. There are also surgical procedures available if the medications don't work. Regardless, you need to have the problem evaluated by a doctor.