What was education like for Athenian girls?
All girls school sounds quite conservative. If we talk about facts and figures, then almost 95% schools offer co-education. The rest of the 5% offers school education for girls only. The girls who receive education only with girls are not that sharp than those girls who studies in C0-education school. The scope of studies get widen in Co-education schools. The element of competition and learning increases due to gender clash.
Athenian women did not receive a formal education, nor did they participate in athletic competitions. They were taught how to run a household by their mother, they were educated by them in reading, writing, math, music, literature, and dance. Girls were adults a 12 or 13. They married and began running their own households. Women were not given full citizenship, they could not vote, hold office, or own property. Women were very restricted, they were…
Yes the Minotaur was deadly. Every seven (solar) years a tribute of seven Athenian boys and seven girls were sent to Crete as tribute, another says that at nine-year intervals, seven Athenian boys and seven Athenian girls were sent to Crete to be devoured by the Minotaur, a half-man, half-bull monster that lived in the Labyrinth created by Daedalus. This only happened three times before Theseus intervened.