· Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
· Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
· Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
· Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.
· During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
· Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.
· Be happy to see him.
· Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
· Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
· Don't greet him with complaints and problems.
· Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
· Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
· Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
· Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
· A good wife always knows her place.
the husband was the sole bread winner, and had absolute power over his wife and children. since he "worked so hard" at work, he expected his wife and family to be submissive to him.
full time homemakers
Women were very expected to be mothers and wives. They were encouraged to attend college and further their educations, but were not expected to work or be the bread winners for their families.
In the 1950s, women were treated by mean as less than equal. Women were also treat with condescending gallantry and were expected to play a role as the housewife.
They were expected to take care of the home and the children.
The wife was expected to take care of the home and garden and children if any.
The two major home roles are the husband and wife roles. The husband is expected to go out and work to provide for his family and the wife is expected to cook, clean and care for the children.
wife swap and Christmas in early December
a lovely wife a house 2 kids a dog a car and a steady job
The women in the 1950s were viewed by society as a wife that stayed home, cleaned the house, washed the children, and cooked for the family. They were taught to be everything the man in the house wanted her to be. The women in the 1950s were taught "how to be a good wife" from a home economics textbook in the 1950s. Women were not supposed to hold jobs. They were also meant to hold a spot on their children's PTA board.
Louis Prima and Keely Smith.
There is pregnate Mrs.Cena,because there is no Mrs.Cena.
what did they write with in 1950s
Women in the 1950's are quite different to the women of today. For example a woman was not allowed to participate in a coverstaion. She had to just stand there and listen. Woman were expected to do as they were told and respect the higher power in this case "men". [sorry this wasn't the answer you were looking for but maybe it has helped you]
what was the crime and punishment like in 1950s
Move to the suburbs, buy new appliances, women were to work at home and have babies. The 50s was the decade of social conformity in america- people were materialistic.
What did Crik and Waston study in the 1950s?
Life in Liverpool in the 1950s was grim
My friend thought the velvet upholstery looked uglier than the leather upholstery. John liked the 1950s Ford pick up truck, but his wife thought it was uglier than a 1950s Chevy. When creating the word uglier, you drop the 'y' and add '-ier'.
The wife of a Deacon is varied because the name Deacon has differant meanings in differant Religions. In the Catholic Religion a Deacons wife can work go out gambling at night basically do her own thing. In some Protestant Religions the Deacons wife is also the Pastor's wife and she is expected to have afternoon teas with various factions of the church eg; the food bank.the church cleaners, or fund raising commities of which she can be or usually is the chairperson .However, all Deacon's wives are expected to lead morally correct lives and be suportive of the husbands work.
Same as everywhere. Head of the household(But the wife holds all the power hehehe) and can be expected to be the breadwinner of the family
Playboy= something that guys read...came out in the 1950s
In the 1950s there weren't that many cars