When is a spider bite dangerous?

A spider bite is ALWAYS dangerous if you're allergic to spider venom.

However, there are really only a few species to really look out for. there are ones in the widow family. these will be dry bites 15% of the time, meaning no venom will be injected. but the other 85% will have some degree of venom. the venom is akin to a neurotoxin and will cause the bitten to have cold and hot flashes, extreme headaches and muscle aches, trouble standing, motor problems, and difficulty breathing. however, try not to give in to the lure of antivenin. if you are given the antivenin shot when you're actually capable of pulling through and not having your vitals bottom out in the day or two it takes to course through your system, you'll waste your one chance to use it. this means if you're bitten by a more poisonous spider or a rattlesnake, antivenin will be useless on you.

If you're bitten by a brown recluse, you'll be very unlikely to feel the initial bite. however, up to eight hours later, you'll notice a sore bump in the spot you were bitten. the skin on the bump will start to turn black. this is the beginning of necrosis, meaning flesh death. the only thing they can really do for you is give you dilopsy, a medication used on leprosy patients. some doctors feel cutting away the dying flesh is detrimental to the healing process. you just have to wait until the sore is done forming and ride out the pain.

For other spider bites, be sure to ice it down. this slows the body's absorption of anything they may have tried to inject you with. it also keeps you from playing with the site and accidentally infecting it with staph or any number of other common infections. IF YOU START TO FEEL NAUSEATED OR WEAK, or your bite is doing funny things like becoming a giant pus factory, has dying skin, etc, get to a MAJOR HOSPITAL. only major hospitals will carry antivenin if you actually end up needing it.