The End of the World
Below are some thoughts as to when the world is going to end:
- In order to answer this question, we must infer that the questioner means earth and surrounding areas. However, some are taught esoterically that the world comes and goes in history with no permanent creation or destruction. To say the world ends means no preservation exists eternally. Yet many religions have different beliefs and to say one has preference over the other means one is a member of that belief. I prefer the going and coming of lower world preservation times. It could end tomorrow and begin the next day, but in a permanent ending, I do not believe. Consciousness of the Self as an individual spiritual divine spark is eternal no matter what form one is in whether spiritual or manifest. Religions and philosophies place great limitations upon one, whereas freedom of spirit always has been for all outside these binding (meaning of religion) influences.
- The world will end when no one expects it, when Jesus comes to earth, he will take the people who served him on one side, the other on the other, then he will take the good people up to Heaven and the rest will die while the earth is destroyed, no one knows when though, and don't worry about it, don't freak out.
- Although the date December 20, 2012 sticks out according to the predictions of Nostradamus (many of his works were coded), the Aztec calendar (nothing on their calendar is recorded after this) and people such as Edgar Cayce, this date does keep coming up. The truth... no one knows when the world is going to end. Since I was a little girl growing up in the 1940's to date there was always this controversy that the world was going to end soon. So far it hasn't, but, we all have to participate in keeping our planet clean and replacing what we take (if we can) and the worst danger of all is over population of the world. This leads to less and less space and an imbalance of nature.
- It is speculated that the world will most likely end in the year 2012. The Mayan calendar is a system of measurement that has been accurate within seconds for thousands of years. Most of the predictions that were made by the race were correct. In the year 2012 the Mayan calendar ceases completely. There is argument over whether the world will actually end or if it will be similar to an ecological new beginning. In other words, something akin to hitting the reset button.This is purely theory, and cannot be proven at this point.
- Jesus said no one but the Father knows.
- According to scientists many people believe that the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012. That's the end of the Mayan calendar and most of the predictions were correct but nobody really knows when the world will end. The world will end unexpectedly like a thief in the night as said in the Bible "You shall not know the date nor the time."
- No one really knows. There are people with signs walking down pedestrian areas in cities that say they know, and occasionally someone will give a date and say it comes from God, but in the scriptures (if you are religious) it tells us that no man knows the hour. We'll probably figure it out before it happens... but not by much. And if you aren't religious, the answer is the same... who knows when we'll blow ourselves up with scary manmade bombs or the next pandemic will come. The best thing we can do is live the best we can and not worry about things that we can't control.
- It will end 2012, December 21. it said before Jesus was born on calenders
- People aren't sure. You will know when it is going to happen, though.
- End of the world - December 21, 2012
- Apocalyptic predictions: 2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the twelfth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.
- Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in the year 2012:
- The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Mayan calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
- The book claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by discarnate entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars.
- The 1997 book "The Bible Code" claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
The book "The Nostradamus Code" speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) which will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
- The book "The Orion Prophecy" claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.
- The 2005 book "Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy" by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
- The 2006 book "2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl" by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere. It also discusses many other aspects of the 2012 phenomenon from a neutral perspective.
- Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:
- Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which a great number of things could happen, including "hyperspatial breakthrough", planetesimal impact, alien contact, historical metamorphosis, metamorphosis of natural law, solar explosion, quasar ignition at the galactic core, or nothing.
- The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, speculated that Pope Benedict XVI would reign during the beginning of the tribulation of which Jesus spoke, and sometime later a future pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", the last in this prophetic list, would appear, bringing as a result the destruction of the city of Rome and the Last Judgment.
- Many new age spiritualists and philosophers ("new-agers") believe humankind will enter an age of enlightenment in 2012. There are a range of varying, generally positive, beliefs shared by a subset of spiritualists from the mundane to exceptional - including a positive social shift and age of peace, mankind becoming psychic and connected by a collective, and/or an evolution of the human race into non-corporeal beings made of "spiritual" energy, or light energy, i.e. 'ascension'.
- Some alien-enthusiasts, along with some new-agers, believe 2012 to correspond approximately with the return of alien "watchers" or "caretakers" who might have helped the first human civilizations with developing their technology and may have been waiting for us to reach a higher level of technological and/or social advancement. Beliefs range from the extra-terrestrials having benevolent purposes - such as to help human society evolve - to malevolent purposes - such as enslavement of mankind and/or manipulation.
- The Nepalese ascetic Ram Bahadur Bomjon, the so-called "Buddha boy", reportedly told his followers that he would return around 2012.
- Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book "The Peak of World Oil Production" and "The Road To The Olduvai Gorge" claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012.
- The end of the world, The world will end in our hands. Soon we will turn ourselves into monsters as we are beginning to. Soon the world will lose its' humane self and rot. World War III is coming. United states is losing it's seat in being the World Power. Eager people are waiting to get their hands on NUKE and send them. For our sake, I hope the world does not end and it will not end, for it is only the beginning.
- According to scientists: about 6 billion years from now
- Nobody knows except the person that created the earth itself
- Many people have tried and will continue trying to derive the date of the end of the world. However, the plain and simple truth is that no one can really know for sure.
- That's for God to decide. No one knows for sure, only God!
- This question is practically unanswerable. There are many beliefs that the world will one day end (most commonly known as judgment day).
- But how or when it will end depends on the religion or faith that people follow/believe in.
- Some people believe that the world will not end, go on until the end of time, although that is a paradox within itself since there is not "the end of time" if they believe the world will not end!
- From the Islam religion, the only information that is given is that when The Day Of Judgment -Yawm al 8iyama, literally meaning the day of the rising- does happen, it will be on a Friday.
- Half way through the year 2830 the world (planet Earth) will implode.
- Nobody really knows, there are several spiritual, religious and scientific theories of how the world will end and when, several times in the past there have been predictions of when the world will end, like the years 1000, 2000 and in the future, 2012. Scientifically though planet earth will be consumed when the sun grows to a red giant in a couple of billion years or so, whether or not humans are still around remains to be seen, more than likely we will either be extinct, evolved into another lifeform or no longer live on earth.
- 2012 The Mayan's were great with numbers. Even NASA has said something big is going to happen in the year 2012. but truthfully, nobody in this world knows when the world is going to end. And You should not be worried about that now. It does not matter.
- It says in The Bible that when Jesus, our Savior, comes back, as He promised us before He went to Heaven, then the Earth might possibly end from all sorts of natural disasters. But truthfully, nobody except God knows. But as I stated earlier, it depends on which religion you believe in. Since not everyone follows The Bible.
- No one can ever know or predict the exact day when the universe will end, because this God hid from us, and never revealed such information to any human being. Whoever predicts a date is certainly a liar.
- No one knows the answer to this; only God knows the appropriate time. So, live everyday like its your last, but prepare for the future like you will here for another 80 years!
- The point when the atmosphere and the ozone runs out of protective layers, and when the sun will burn out. ( note= The sun will burn out in a couple hundred billion years) The world will truly end.
- Reason #1: The world will end when terrorists hack into the US military computer and fire all the nuclear weapons everywhere.
- Reason #2: It is believed by some that the end of the world will occur in the year 2032 A.D. with the most popular scenario being a war between the human race and advanced cybernetic organisms. Other anticipated scenarios are a giant asteroid collision with the earth, World War III and an alien invasion/takeover of the earth.
- Reason #3: There are thousands of cultures that lived thousands of years apart, and they all predicted that on December 21st, 2012, the world will end. The cultures did not specify how, but it could all be a mere coincidence that the cultures chose that same date; or was it chosen for a reason? We will have to wait and find out.
- Reason #4: In opportunity scientists believe that the world will end just like the dinosaurs life ended. The dinosaurs all died from a meteorite that killed any living thing except stuff that are alive today or else we would not have them!
- Reason #5: The world will end because of the overflowing junk that has piled up. There will be so much junk, there will be no place to put it all, and the world will just end up dying.
- According to the Bible, the earth will have an end one day, but no on knows when it will be. All predictions that give a date will be wrong. See these verses from the Bible: About the end of the world: 2 Peter 3:7-13 "But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men...But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up...Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." But as to when that day will be, no one knows: Matthew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (See also Mark13:31-32.) That day is said to come as a "thief in the night", which means that no one will no when it will be - for no one knows when a thief will break in their house. (Matthew 24:42-44, 2 Peter 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:2) Jesus said in Matthew 24:44 "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."
- Probably when the sun dies! That will be in about 5 billion years (because that's how much hydrogen we estimate the sun has).
- When ice caps melt from global warming. That is because the water from the ice caps will overflow the seas and it would flood the Earth's lands!
- Some say that the worlds going to end on 21st December 2012 because that's when the Mayan calendar ends. I don't think anyone needs to worry about it. The world is not going to end until Jesus comes down to earth again.
Nobody knows when The End Of The World is but many people suspected we were all supposed to die on December 21 2012 but it did not happen.
There is only one person that knows when the end of the world will be. Only God knows when the end of the world will be.
The addenda of the "internet pope" begins here :
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit :2 Peter 3:10 - "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat, both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. [v.11 : Therefore, since all things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, (12) looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? (13) Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."]
12/21/2013 A.D. :
Recently, I happened upon a copy of Pilgrim's Progress, which is, in essence, the Gospel of Jesus Christ according to St. John Bunyan, written in the style of an action/adventure novel. (The brief biography of John Bunyan which I read, relates that on more than one occasion he was taken prisoner, and was a mischievous sort of child, who during the 17th century was led to God in various stages [phases])
The book's main character, Christian, receives a call, a vocation, from God, to leave his city of destruction and embark on a perilous journey to the Celestial City in order to enjoy the rewards of his God-King. Burdened with sin, Christian struggles to meet with one of many characters, Interpreter, who instructs him of several things and bids Christian, "God speed."
Then Christian tearfully comes to the Cross of Christ, and the burden of his sin is removed, falling off his back into a sepulcher. Christian is then also clothed in fine raiment and given a written roll, a bible, a testament, a resolution, a tract of inspirational writing that he should present at the gate of the Celestial City so that he could be welcomed by the God-King, even though more dangers awaited him on the way.
The Courageous movie (video), this 'Resolution ' program, as well as the mentoring and follow-up programs, inclusive to release from prison, all seemingly bear a mirroring of the story of Christian's journey in Pilgrim's Progress. It is my prayer with and for you that we, too, complete this journey, successfully, with room to spare.
It also has only been recently that I have had recourse to study some particulars about the perils of our journey as those of which Christ spoke in the Gospel of St. Matthew, chapter twenty four. This has included facing my accusers who, much like myself prior to prayer and research, were in need of a greater understanding of events yet to come. What began as continued robbery, a refusal/failure to do automobile inspection, by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, has ended in the knowledge that a nuclear holocaust awaits us in the near future.
In 2 Peter 3:10 there is mention of a "great noise". I have been led to understand that this ' great noise' will be caused as an after effect of nuclear war. It is only through the use of such incendiaries that a global kindling could occur, much like a flour mill explosion, produced by the dense concentrations of dust and debris in the atmosphere. This explosion will be preceded by an event that some Catholic mystics have called "the three days of darkness." The build-up of fallout will cause this. I have been given the grace to draw some parallels between Christ's coming and return, specifically, His sending the same messenger firstly, and the uniqueness of each experience.
What possible reminder could the earth engulfed in darkness possibly evoke? Was not Christ in the tomb, that sepulcher of sin, for three days? Has not a great spiritual darkness already come upon men, where common murder is seen as a God serving necessity, and sexual perversion is embraced as ethical? Take away God's grace, and we will all surely perish, but this is the Judgment, the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
The Catholic mystics tell us that the only way to see physically during the three days of darkness shall be by being in possession (and use) of both blessed (beeswax) candles and blessed matches. This means that all manner of conventional electricity will fail. What scientists must remember is that the coming of the day of the Lord has unique experiences. The agnostic/atheist scientist who has gone so far as to assume electricity to be solely of man's creation, will find him/her self without an explanation.
But all scientists will agree that the arsenal of ICBMs (inter-continental ballistic missiles) could be strong enough to cause fallout greater than the largest known natural explosion, that of Krakatoa, the volcano-island that basically disappeared after erupting in the latter 1800's, and caused worldwide visible darkening for some five days.
When nations vie for the status of having the most deadly force as regards their weaponry, Satan is literally having a picnic. As long and damaging as what is called "World War Two" was, the era of peace to come, as promised by Our Lady of Fatima's prophecy (1917), has not yet been realized in terms of the resolution of the three days of darkness, where, again, to quote the 2nd letter of St. Peter, "we . . . look for the new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."
With such unresolved conflict, it is easy that one find writing of resolution to be a difficult task. I have noted to the group that the Resolution Program wreaks of error in the subliminal and outright disobedience to Christ's command, : "Call no man your father." I have efforted to also show that God raises, even resurrects, the sign of the Son of Man (Matt. 24:30) - that He has used my body, soul, and strength in this process, which in the past was manifested to the world in St. Elijah and St. John the Baptist.
There is need for further resolution which only time and the grace of God can bring. Let us not hasten unnecessarily, as inclusive to this resolution is the eternity which Christ has promised : (cf. John 14:2) : "I go to prepare a place for you." Christ's preparing has included His sufferings and death upon the Cross, defeating death by His death. We are assured that our Creator has spoken with resolve on the night He was betrayed to continue to work on our behalf in His promise and sending of the Holy Spirit to strengthen and guide us.
The Epistle of James (4:13-14) states : "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit' ; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."
Let our resolution then, be that of God's resolve - past, present, and future, to learn and love of His Word, as did Christian in Pilgrim's Progress. Christ has said of our times, "All these are beginnings of sorrows," likening His 2nd Coming to the birth of a child. Let us resolve to embrace that coming Child, for it is, indeed, Our Creator and Our God.
the resurrected Prophet of the Most High,
St. John the Baptist,
whom Jesus Christ calls "the Elias who was to come",
enjoying the rapture of Christ's love in the duty of Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman),
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30).
The world will never end because Christ is seated at the right hand of God the Father, ruling, reigning and judging His people : Today, Bright Monday, April 6, 2015 A.D., is the 937th day in the 1,290 and 1,335 day periods of Daniel 12:11 & 12, respectively.
Of May 8, 2016 A.D., it was foretold more than 2,500 years ago, and written :
"Blessed is he who waits and comes unto 1,335 days."
Great and Holy Friday, March 25, 2016 A.D., begins the final 45 days of the 1,335 day period.
This is the judgment of fire foretold in : 2 Peter 3:10-14 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA) 10 But the day of the Lord shall come as a thief, in which the heavens shall pass away with great violence, and the elements shall be melted with heat, and the earth and the works which are in it, shall be burnt up.
11 Seeing then that all these things are to be dissolved, what manner of people ought you to be in holy conversation and godliness?
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of the Lord, by which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with the burning heat?
13 But we look for new heavens and a new earth according to his promises, in which justice dwelleth.
14 Wherefore, dearly beloved, waiting for these things, be diligent that you may be found before him unspotted and blameless in peace.
when god decides
When will the world end? That's a good thing to ask.... But you don't have to worry about it because it will happen in more then 100000000 years!