When living in a state with no income taxes but receiving a pension from another state that has a income tax do you pay tax?

In general, a state will tax you on:

  1. Income received while a resident of that state, regardless of where it came from, and
  2. Income earned from that state, regardless of whether or not you are a resident.

So, if you live in one state but earn income from another, you will generally be taxed on the same income in both states. Most states have tax credits to take of this double-taxation issue. Since you live in a state with no income tax, you do not have a double taxation issue.

You likely need to file a non-resident income tax return for the state from which you received the pension income. Go to that state's website and find the instructions for the non-resident income tax return to determine your filing requirement in that state.