Swiss Army knives were originally created in 1891 for use by the Swiss Army.
Swiss Army Knives are made by two manufacturers: Victorinox and Wenger.
Victorinox is located in Ibach, canton Schwyz; and Wenger is located in Delémont, canton Jura.
These two companies have been manufacturing knives for the Swiss Army, and for retail sale, since 1891. The model currently supplied to the Swiss Army is called "Soldatenmesser 08".