Asked in

Where can you buy blasting caps?


User Avatar
Wiki User
May 31, 2011 4:58AM

Farmers still have occasional and legitimate need for dynamite, and most farm cooperatives sell it. But you would have to prove to their satisfaction (not easy) that you are a farmer, and have legitimate need of it. The same goes for the blasting caps that would be sold there, too.


Above was correct, however, in the US, the Safe Explosives Act NOW requires that you have a license to purchase explosives, including blasting caps, This is issued by the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, and requires fingerprints and a background investigation to be licensed as a "Responsible Person". The purchase is made from a licensed explosives dealer.