You are probably talking about a Glorious Windsor stove manufactured by Lakeside Foundry of Chicago, a company owned and operated by Montgomery Ward between c. 1904 and c. 1920. The foundry was actually located in Erie, PA, not Chicago, but the headquarters was listed at 618 W. Chicago St., the address of the Montgomery Ward Catalogue House. 101 A is a model number, not an address.
Depending on the condition of the stove, its value is approximately $175 - $300. If the stove is in excellent condition, you may want to have it appraised before selling (if that's your intention).
For more information, see Related Questions and Related Links, below.
The Glorious Windsor stove was manufactured by Lakeside Foundry of Chicago, a company owned and operated by Montgomery Ward between c. 1904 and c. 1920. The foundry was actually located in Erie, PA, not Chicago, but the headquarters was listed at 618 W. Chicago St., the address of the Montgomery Ward Catalogue House. Depending on the condition of the stove, its value is approximately $175 - $300. If the stove is in excellent condition, you may want to have it appraised before selling (if that's your intention). For more information, see Related Questions and Related Links, below.
The web address of the Lakeside Historical Society is: http://www.lakesidehistory.org
The web address of the Lakeside Heritage Society is: http://www.heritagehall.org
The address of the Lakeside Library is: 9839 Vine St., Lakeside, 92040 3199
Lakeside was a Montgomery Ward & Co. brand name applied to a number of different products over the years, including stoves, bells, guns, tableware and even records.An Illinois-published Biennial Report of the Secretary of State, State of Illinois, for fiscal years October 1, 1902 through September 30, 1904, indicate the business office for Lakeside Foundry was at 618 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, and was valued at a mere $2,500. The listed address became the site of Montgomery Ward's Catalog House in 1907; however, Lakeside Foundry continued to be listed at the same location until at least 1920 (Illinois Certified List of Domestic and Foreign Corporations for the Year 1920).In 1904, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania published a list of new charters of corporations that included a Lakeside Foundry in Erie, PA, accessible to Chicago via rail and water. Erie was a popular area for iron smelters due to the quality of raw material in the region, and the ease of transport to other parts of the country."LAKESIDE FOUNDRY COMPANY -- Erie, June 29, 1904. Capital, $650,000. For the purpose of the manufacture and sale of all kinds of castings, stoves, ranges, furnaces and heating and cooking appliances and carrying on such other business as pertains thereto."(List of charters of Corporations Enrolled in the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1901-1903, Alphabetical List of Foreign Corporations)"Foreign" means the headquarters was located outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in this case most likely Chicago, Illinois.While there are no online records supporting this theory, it appears Montgomery Ward & Co. may have acquired Lakeside Foundry (of Chicago) for $2,500, with the intent of building the Catalog House on the property. Optionally, they may have already owned the business and simply relocated it to Erie around 1904.It is also possible the business was originally owned by the more widely recognized Lakeside Foundry of Detroit, Michigan, which manufactured engine castings for Ford Motor Co., but aside from the shared name there appears to be nothing else connecting the two. (There was also a Lakeside Foundry in Racine, Wisconsin; one in Indiana; and one in Canada. None appear related.)Illinois and Pennsylvania records last mentioned Lakeside Foundry in 1920, at which time the foundry building was apparently sold, renamed Lakeside Forge, and used to cast industrial parts of some kind (possibly railroad). Montgomery Ward may have sold this unit because of a national financial panic in 1920. The company lost 10 million dollars that year, and JP Morgan and the First National Bank of New York acquired much of their stock.For this reason, it seems likely the majority of stoves manufactured by Lakeside Foundry of Chicago were made between c. 1904/05 and c. 1920. Montgomery Ward may have continued using the "Lakeside Foundry" name for branding purposes after that date, however. Lakeside stoves manufactured after 1920 were probably made by either Estate Stove Co. or Rymer.Earlier castings, including iron bells dating to the late 19th-century, were most likely made at the foundry's riverside location in Chicago. The original business may have been a bell foundry, as the variety of articles available under the name "Lakeside Foundry of Chicago" in the 19th century is limited.It should also be noted that Montgomery Ward sold stoves, ranges and heating appliances manufactured by other companies for sale under Montgomery Ward brand names such as Windsor, Thorne-Windsor, and Sun, among others.Some of their early 20th-century suppliers included the Estate Stove Co., of Hamilton, OH, (later owned by Whirlpool) and Rymer Manufacturing (later called Dixie Stoves, which eventually became Magic Chef). Rymer, a Tennessee company, was involved in a lawsuit for selling Montgomery Ward a stove identical to one manufactured by a competitor, Anchor Stove & Range.Montgomery Ward also imported unbranded wood/coal-burning stoves from an unknown manufacturer in Taiwan.The first person who answered this question located the following ad printed in the Chicago Tribune on October 7, 1945:CastingsBrass-Bronze-AluminumSand Cast or Permanent MoldPrompt Service and DeliveryLakeside Foundry Service Co.39 S. La Salle, Rm 925 Central 8892This was a relatively small building in a business district (not a factory), possibly used as a base of operations for service and delivery dispatch, assuming it was connected to the aforementioned Lakeside Foundry of Chicago at all.
The address of the Lakeside Public Library is: 915 N Lake Rd, Lakeside, 97449 0811
The address of the Lakeside Historical Society is: 9906 Maine Ave, Lakeside, CA 92040
The address of the Pinetop Lakeside Historical Society Inc is: Po Box 239, Lakeside, AZ 85929
The address of the Lakeside Heritage Society is: 324 W 3Rd St, Lakeside Marb, OH 43440-1471
The web address of the Miners Foundry Cultural Center is: http://www.minersfoundry.org
Yes, here is the address:- 425 Lakeside Shopping Centre, Grays. Essex. RM20 2ZP
The address of the Lakeside Auto Museum is: 1790 E Interstate 30, Rockwall, TX 75087
The address of the Larson Memorial Public Library is: 1595 Johnson Dr, Lakeside, 85929 M
The address of the Knight Foundry is: Po Box 1873, Sutter Creek, CA 95685-1873
The address of the Barona Cultural Center And Museum is: 1095 Barona Rd, Lakeside, CA 92040
The address of the Lakeside Community Library is: 6176 Hwy 291, Nine Mile Falls, 99026 M
The address of the Lakeside Neighbors Coalition Inc is: 812 Chauncey Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217-4651
The address of the Miners Foundry Cultural Center is: 325 Spring Street, Nevada City, CA 95959
The address of the Downieville Foundry And Historical Park Company is: Po Box 524, Downieville, CA 95936
Chicago Watercraft is located at 800 South Wells in the city of Chicago, Illinois 60607. Additional information about the company can be found at their official website.
The address of the Grand Ladies Of The Old West is: 12802 Mapleview St Apt 34, Lakeside, CA 92040-2007
The web address of the Barona Cultural Center And Museum is: http://www.baronamuseum.org
The address of the Johnsons Island Preservation Society is: 414 W Main St, Lakeside Marb, OH 43440-2248
The address of the California Foundry History Institute is: 2971 Warren Ln, El Dorado Hls, CA 95762-4221
The web address of the Fortnightly Of Chicago is: http://www.fortnightlychicago.org