Children and the Law
Child Support

Where can you find information on a child support case that was dismissed 16 years ago because the paternity test was inconclusive and is now being refiled in Indiana?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-09-05 18:20:07
2006-09-05 18:20:07

The person who needs the information will have to search the state's circuit court archives of the county where the ruling was made. If the docket and case number are not available then the names of the petitioner and respondent can be used. Unfortunately many state court records are not online for older cases and even those that are, it is very difficult to find accurate records without having all the information pertaining to the case, (names, docket and case numbers, dates, etc.). A person involved in any litigation should keep permanently every document that relates to the matter in a secure and accessible place.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.