Where can you get a 2 port ethernet switch In other words if I have one ethernet cable from the router and I want to splice it into 2 cables where should I get one?

Either online suppliers or at any good computer store

You should be able to buy one anywhere these sorts of parts are sold - computer stores in particular. Or, online stores sell them, too. A site called Instructables has directions to make them yourself if you want to go that far.