Abusive Relationships and Domestic Violence

Where could a gaslighting victim find help if her spouse and his family have enormous influence and funds her spouse makes her do illegal things now she has no resources at all and doubts her sanity?



User Avatar
Wiki User

Take your chances on the law. Report him! It doesn't matter if his parents have money or are influential. If you live in a small town, go to another town and report it and get some much needed advice from a good lawyer before going to the police. Even if your crimes may put you in prison for a while it is still the best way to go. You'll start off with a clean slate and get rid of this miserable existance you are living. Most police love nothing better than to bring the rich and power with a bad attitude down where they feel they belong! First admit that it is not going to get better unless you make a move. From there it is easier. Find a safe place to stay (a shelter is a good place to start), and from there take the advice they give you. The insanity you feel is because the situation you find yourself in makes no sense for a person with your integrity and values. When your circumstances are more in line with your beliefs, your concentration and focus will return. For now, leaving anything you have (except children) is the best thing you can do for your future. The other stuff is just stuff.