Where do you usually fine yield right of way signs posted?

Generally "Yield Right of Way", "Yield" or "Yield Ahead" signs are posted on "approaches to a through street or Highway where conditions are such that a stop is not always required" in the United States. They are also sometimes used in the merging of traffic where safety dictates that one or more lanes must give right of way to the other lanes. Most often yield signs are posted where there is sufficient visibility that merging traffic does not necessarily have to come to a stop before entering a roadway, although you still MUST yield the right-of-way to traffic in that lane.