Where is the drain plug?
1. The 87 Alfa Romeo Spider do not have a gas tank drain plug.
Do not try sucking out the gas with a garden hose, that's not a
2. Remove the carpet from the floor of the trunk. Pull back the
carpet over the gas door filler side, pull down the carpet across
the front, do not remove these.
3. Remove all hoses connected to the gas tank including the gas
4. Remove the gas tank cover plate.
5. Remove the five (5) Philip head screws and washers around the
edge of the gas tank.
6. The gas tank is seated with a putty like sealant. Place a
flat board on a hydraulic floor jack and jack up slowly one end of
the tank at a time to break this seal.
7. Remove the gas tank. Remove the in-tank pump. clean and flush
both with a gumout type cleaner and gasoline. You can get the
cleaner from any auto parts store. If you will be storing your Alfa
again you may want to have a drain plug installed while you have
the tank out.
Thanks, Don W.