Best Answer

It is under the car, on the driver's side, about a foot in front of the rear tire (basically, below the rear driver's side door). There is a threaded fitting on one end, where it connects to the hard line running forward to the engine, and a snap-on fitting on the other end, where it connects to the hose from the gas tank & fuel pump. It is also held in place by a bracket that bolts to the subframe. To remove the snap-on piece, there are two white clips that you squeeze together (inward, toward the tubing - I used a needle-nose pliers to squeeze), and while squeeing, simply pull off the rear hose. To remove the threaded end, use the right size wrench (not an adjustable) on the nut that's on the tubing, and a larger wrench on the filter itself. IF my memory serves me right, the smaller fitting nut is 5/8". Whoever changed my filter the first time (the dealer!) rounded the line fitting (presumably using the wrong size or a non-snug adjustable wrench), so it was really hard for me to get a wrench on it. Don't make that mistake yourself. - Intrigue Owner in Atlanta

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-01-02 05:32:53
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Where is the fuel filter located on a 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked