Auto Parts and Repairs
Ford Ranger
Chevy Suburban
Ford F-150

Where is the modulator valve and how do you replace it on a 1992 Explorer?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2004-11-12 10:05:44
2004-11-12 10:05:44

There is a modulator on some transmissions. If yours has a vacuum line going to the trans, it connects to the modulator and you simply remove the bolt holding it and pull it out.


Related Questions

User Avatar

On a 1992 Ford Explorer ( A4LD automatic transmission ) I believe the modulator valve is on the passenger side of the transmission , BEHIND a heat shield

User Avatar

The 1992 Nissan modulator valve can be found on the firewall in the engine compartment. The valve will be on the drivers side of the firewall.

User Avatar

I believe that is on the passenger side of the A4LD transmission behind a heat shield

User Avatar

That year model did not have a modulator valve on the transmission.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.