On the Impala the flasher is located behind the dashboard, just to the right of the steering wheel. You have to remove the dashboard to get to it. It square and about 2" long. To remove the dash:
- remove the two fuse compartments doors or lids, that are on either end of the dashboard. there are two screws to remove on both sides.
- Remove the kick plate beneath the dash on the passenger side.
- Remove screws beneath the dash on drivers side
- Adjust steering wheel to the full down position
- Move Shift lever all the way down
The flasher on most cars is located around the fuse box under the dash, or attached to the underside of the dash. It is a small round cylindrical Can made of aluminum, or plastic.
To replace the emergency flasher switch, there is no need to remove the front face of the dash. Just use a flat head screwdriver to pop off the top of the flasher switch. Then use needle nose or channel locks to pull remainer of switch out so it can be unplugged and replaced. Plug in new switch, push back into place and you are ready for your turn signals and emergency flashers to work. It takes all of 5 minutes to do this.