Best Answer

The tranny pan itself my not have a drain plug. The torque converters on fords have a drain plug and can be found in the front of the transmission where the torque converter resides. You can find this plug by turning the engine with a rachet on the crank or by gently turning the key without starting the engine. This will rotate the converter and youll find the drain plug. but to drain all the fluid you will also need to just drop the pan.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-10-03 14:45:58
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Where is the transmission drain plug on a 1987 Ford F150?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked