Divorce and Marriage Law
Age of Consent & Underage Relationships

Which states will allow a couple to marry by proxy when one of them is deployed overseas?



User Avatar
Wiki User

This is a question best answered by the particular service they are in. Have them go to their superior and ask them to locate the department that can answer this. * The majority of US states will allow a couple to marry by proxy under such circumstances once all required guidelines are met. The non military participant should contact the marriage license division in his or her state of residency for specific information about the procedure. If he or she is a minor they will need permission from their parents, guardian or the court. The member of the military participant should speak with his or her company commander to be granted permission and information on necessary procedures.