Not what, but WHO - a portrait of Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of the United States, appears on the front of the US nickel. Check out the U.S. Mint website www.usmint.gov for information about other coins.
Thomas Jefferson is on the front of the nickel.
Thomas Jefferson's image is on the current US five cent piece. He has been the face of the US nickel since 1938. The portrait on the front of the US nickel is that of Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of the United States.
The buffalo is the back. The front is an Indian head.
Buffalo or Indian Head nickels were minted in the US from 1913 to 1938.
There is no such thing as an 1803 U.S. nickel.You have a Lewis & Clark commemorative nickel that was minted in 2004. Turn it over and look next to Jefferson's portrait.These are worth exactly 5 cents.there's no such thing as a 1803 nickel the date of when the nickel is made is on the front next to Jefferson's portrait and also the us mint did not start making nickels until 1866
In the US, a nickel is worth 5 cents.
The diameter of a US nickel is 0.835 inches.
There is no nickel in US gold coins.
If it is a US nickel, it is 25% nickel, 75% copper. If it is a Canadian nickel I believe it is 100% nickel.
Yes, it has nickel 25% The rest is copper.
There was no "victory nickel" struck in the US. There was, however a Canadian Victory Nickel, and there were US nickels struck with 35% silver (from 1942-1945 with a large mintmark on the reverse above the Monticello) and those are worth $1.50 or so.MoreIf your nickel is a US coin dated 1883 to 1912 with a picture of Miss Liberty on the front, please look up the Roman numeral for "five". It's the letter V, and is the coin's denomination.
A US nickel weighs 5 grams.
A US nickel has a diameter of 21.21mm and a thickness of 1.95mm
An Indian head
Thomas Jefferson is the president shown on the US 5 cent coin, commonly called a nickel. The design was recently changed to show a 3 quarters front view portrait of Jefferson rather than a profile as before.
The color of a US nickel is silverish. US nickels are actually made of 75% copper, but the silvery color of the remaining nickel 25% predominates.
Monticello is the home of the president shown on the coin's front side, Thomas Jefferson.
Since 1938 the US nickel (5¢ piece) has carried various images of President Thomas Jefferson on the front. The back has shown a front view of his home, Monticello, for all years of issue except 2004 and 2005 when it depected various scenes honoring the Lewis and Clark expedition which Jefferson championed.
The diameter of a US nickel is 21.21 millimeters.The united states Nickel has a diameter of 21.21 mm or 2.2121 cm.
Since 1938 the US nickel has had a picture of Thomas Jefferson on the front. The back side has featured a picture of his house, Monticello, for all years except 2004 and 2005 when four special designs were used in honor of the Lewis and Clark Bicentennial.
A US nickel has a diameter of 21.21mm
Is it a US coin, be more specific
Yes. The image of Thomas Jefferson was placed on the US nickel in 1938.