Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-09-13 20:02:13

this all depends on what the suit is.........I'll assume that you are sueing for damages to your vehicle and an injury from the SUE the person responsible, if you gain a judgment and there is insurance coverage the insurance company will be bound by the judgment to pay........(they will also be providing their insured with an attorney......) they cannot mention in the trail that there is insurance involved....

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

You can do a couple of things. First, you can file a civil lawsuit against them. Sometimes you will get your money and sometimes you wont. Another thing you can do is check your policy or call your insurance company and see if you have uninsured coverage. If you do, you can get your own insurance to cover the damages.

Since he was not insured, you have to sue that person in civil court and obtain a judgment, which you need to enforce afterwards.

In most countries a driving licence could not be taken as payment or punishment for damages owed to an insurance company as that you be a civil matter.

The finder is obligated under civil and criminal law to notify the Police and the Owner of the vehicles recovery and location so they can come pick it up. Since the the Insurance Company already paid for it. It belongs to the Insurance Company. If the Rental company wants it back, They will have to try and buy it from the Insurance Company. All salvage rights would belong to the Insurance Company because they have already bought and paid for the car. It would now belong to the Insurance Company. If the Rental Car company tried to keep the vehicle without first negotiating a purchase or buy back from the Insurance company it would be considered Grand Theft. They would be subject to criminal and civil charges.

Your contract with the tradesman is between "You and the Contractor", He did not contract with your insurance company. All the insurance company did is agree to pay the bill for you. So you would need to bring your own civil or criminal action against your contractor depending on the circumstances.

Not necessarily unless the 'owner' is also the parent of the underage driver. If not, assuming the car was insured, the insurance company may deny the claim. If the vehicle was not insured, then it becomes a civil matter where the owner of the vehicle may be sued by the accident victim and may be found responsible for not having had the vehicle insured if it is the law in your state. If this is the case, and you are not related to the young driver who stole your vehicle, then you have a civil case against that minor's parents and they would in turn be liable and responsible for any damages you may have been made responsible for.

Whether you are insured or not, the most important thing in your accident is who is determined to be at fault. If you are at fault you (or your insurance company) will be required to pay for any property damages or medical expenses incurred in an accident. The same would be true for the other person if they were found to be at fault. That is the "civil law" side of things. If you have no insurance and you are driving, you are breaking some pretty serious criminal laws, so legally you could be in a lot of trouble.

If this happened to me, I would find out what my insurance company can do and from there contact the police or file a civil or small claims suit. None, if the accident wasn't reported to the police.

Notify your insurance company as soon as possible and get a lawyer.

He sold insurance for a company based in Memphis, ans he wrote a series of memoirs.

The trial of a criminal offense such as an Armed Robbery is a criminal action. If you sue someone's insurance company for damage's to your vehicle, that is an example of a civil action.

If you rearend someone, regardless of road conditions or the other drivers disposition on a drivers lic or insurance, you are still responsible. Not having a license or insurance is a civil matter, not involving insurance company.

You need to ask them to compensate you directly out of their own pocket. If they don't you may have to take them to a civil court and have an order put against them to pay your damages.

In the UK, if you are involved in a Road Traffic Accident that is not your fault but you are not insured for third party, the law assumes you are at fault and you may face civil action from the injured party. You may also face criminal charges for driving without insurance.

All salvage rights would belong to the Insurance Company because they have already bought and paid for the car. It would now belong to the Insurance Company. If the Rental Car company tried to keep the vehicle without first negotiating a purchase or buy back from the Insurance company it would be considered Grand Theft. They would be subject to criminal and civil charges.

Directors and officers insurance covers the actual or alleged errors, omissions, or neglect of the officer or director of a company or organization. The insurance kicks in and covers liabilities when proceedings are brought whether criminal, civil, or regulatory.

No. but it could lead to a lien being filed later if you are found liable and you don't have coverage under your home insurance policy.

Insurance in general is the protection of financial loss. If you are self-insured you might be sued for more than the actual loss. You may be taken to civil court for more than physical damages. If you do go to court the cost of you lawyer is a problem. Insurance companies have figured this into the premiums and they have lawyers that already are familiar with the problems of insurance suits.I am not a lawyer but just a consumer. So, please continue your search.

They would have to file a claim with the insurance company for any damages or injury. However, they cannot ask for money to reimburse them for punitive damages--that would be a civil case.

The gist of your question is not clear. Specifically, insurance claims are not directed to people; instead, insureds or claimants direct claims to insurers. If you are asking about the options that a claimant has if the at-fault party or his/her/its insurer denies liability or damages or both, the claimant is free to file a civil suit for damages. The burden will be on the claimant to prove liability (fault) and damages. If the person sued has liability insurance applicable to the claim, the insurer will provide a defense to the insured, or settle the claim with the claimant if it believes that its insured has a legal liability for the occurrence. If you are asking about the options that an insured has against his/her/its own insurer in the event of a first-party claim, the insured may likewise usually file a lawsuit for coverage. Those types of lawsuits are generally complex, and it is usually not advisable for the insured to try to represent him/herself. Further, virtually all States have bodies of statutes pertaining to claims settlement practices, and some may provide for additional penalties that can be imposed by the State insurance regulator.

What kind of release are you talking about? If you file a claim with your insurance company for Uninsured Motorists Coverage, you are awarding the company with the rights of subrogation. This means that you are giving them your right to sue the other party. If you did not have UM coverage and sued the other party on your own. In both of these cases you are not dealing with the insurance company directly, except if they call you to testify in their subrogation case against the other party.

You need to file a Civil claim against him for damages to your property. Consult a lawyer Your insurance company should be doing that for you.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.